My daughter has sponsored 2 World Vision kids in Ethiopia for many years, and we want to go there and see if we can meet them. We actually have a place to stay in Addis, but everything seems so far away once you've seen the market and museum in Addis. I know there are internal historic flights. What is the best way to book them? Before or after you get there? Do they do tacky things like weigh you before they decide the cost of your ticket( I had to ask, who else but a Fodorite?) Do people usually spend the night in Lalibella or Gorgon and continue in the circuit the next day?
Historical sights in Ethiopia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 5 Uganda Travel Planning
- 6 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 7 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 10 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 11 Green Season Safari Questions
- 12 Novice Safari question
- 13 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant