Dear SA experts,
I am very excited about our upcoming trip to SA in November. It is our first ever trip to Africa and I have been working hard on a perfect SA touring itinerary. Thank you for all the great advice on this discussion board, it has been very useful! But I still need some help, specifically with the tour segment from Graaff-Reiner to Lower Sabi. This is where I anticipate some long driving days, and I hope to get some driving time estimates, tips for best routes to take, road conditions and good overnight and sightseeing spots. (I have not been able to get any direct answers from any distance tables, just done some rough calculations based on a couple of maps I have – and I don’t have any idea about the potential road conditions etc)
My specific questions are:
How long will it take to drive from:
• Graaff-Reiner to Malealea, Lesotho
• Malealea to Mlilwane, Swaziland
• Mlilwane to Lower Sabi rest camp
Preferred routes for the above?
“Do not take roads” that may look good in the maps?
Great places to have a rest and explore on the way? Sights not to miss?
We have 2 days to drive the distance from Malealea to Mlilwane. Where is a good, logical place to stay for a night to break the drive? (I have thought about Clarens, Golden Gate National Park, Harrismith or Ladysmith???) Any suggestions? Great, moderately priced B&Bs or hotels? (400-700 per couple)
Help with self drive Graaff-Reiner - Malealea, Lesotho - Swaziland- Lower Sabi
Dear SA experts,
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What about money?
- 3 a week in africa
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 6 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 7 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 8 Accra airport
- 9 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 morocco
- 13 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 14 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 15 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 16 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 17 Trip extension from Cape town
- 18 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 19 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 20 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 21 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 22 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania
- 23 Visit visa for South Africa
- 24 Opinions on airlines BOS to NBO
- 25 Is now a good time to visit Yemen