We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Iranian Southern gem along the Persian Gulf
- 2 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 3 Israel for 10 days
- 4 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 5 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 6 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 7 Namibia Itinerary
- 8 name issue
- 9 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 10 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 11 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 12 experiences with African travel Resource
- 13 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 14 Madagascar suggestions
- 15 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 16 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 17 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 18 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 19 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 20 Single traveler
- 21 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 22 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 23 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 24 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 25 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report