We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.crazybulkstacks.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 Safari suggestions
- 3 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 4 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 5 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 6 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 7 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 8 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 9 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 10 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 11 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 12 Passport question for International flight
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Tour operator near me
- 15 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 16 Sim card mainly for data
- 17 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 18 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 19 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 20 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 21 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 22 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 23 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 24 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 25 Safari - Camera / Binoculars