We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://elevategffacts.com/reluminize/
- 2 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 3 Morocco Trip Report
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!