We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Help with Rwanda trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 2 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 3 Johannesburg
- 4 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 7 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust