We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Help with Rwanda trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town Safety?
- 2 first time family safari in August 2014
- 3 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 10 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 13 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Rwanda trip report
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary