We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Help with Rwanda trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 2 Zambia Impressions
- 3 Taste of Dubai
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 6 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 7 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour