We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementforehealthy.com/derma-reflexion/
- 2 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 3 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 4 Mombasa recomendations please
- 5 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay