We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Viator tour company
- 2 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 South African Cities
- 7 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 8 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 9 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 10 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 11 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 12 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 13 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 14 where to go in africa
- 15 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 16 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 17 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 Help with bags
- 20 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 21 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 22 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 23 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 24 Israeli Tour Guides
- 25 Shopping in Morocco