We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco over Christmas
- 2 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 3 After Botswana ?
- 4 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 7 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 8 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 9 Timing for Africa visit
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 12 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 13 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 14 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 15 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 16 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 17 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 18 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 19 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 20 DOHA LAYOVER
- 21 Morocco Questions
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Botswana safari recs
- 24 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 25 Safe to Travel to Morocco