We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://blogmium.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 2 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 3 Safari In June
- 4 Business trip to Israel
- 5 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 6 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 honeymoon place
- 9 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 10 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 13 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 14 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 15 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 16 Yom Hazikaron
- 17 Yom Haatzmaut
- 18 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 19 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 20 recomendation on African Safari company
- 21 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 22 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 23 One extra day in Jordan
- 24 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 25 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?