We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Help with Rwanda trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 5 South Africa in February?
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 8 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 9 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 10 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 11 3-week tour at Egypt
- 12 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 13 Beirut
- 14 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 15 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 16 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 17 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 18 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 19 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 22 I'm going on safari for free!
- 23 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 24 Dubai first time
- 25 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June