We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 2 help with itinerary please
- 3 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 First time safari question
- 6 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 Swala Safaris
- 11 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 12 Dubai
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 15 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 16 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 17 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 18 Etosha help
- 19 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 20 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 21 private game reserve-kruger
- 22 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 23 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 24 go2africa
- 25 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip