We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 (U S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 4 Kenya/Tanzania
- 5 Dubai first time
- 6 2 nights in Dubai
- 7 16 hours in Qatar
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 10 A South African in Lusaka
- 11 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 12 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 13 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 14 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 17 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 18 Safari suggestions
- 19 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 20 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 21 Travel to Africa
- 22 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 23 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 24 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris
- 25 Just starting to contemplate a safari--pointers please