We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 When is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro?
- 2 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 3 Security question for recent visitors to Egypt.
- 4 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 5 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 8 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 9 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 10 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 11 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 12 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 13 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 14 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 15 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 16 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 17 Cairo International Airport
- 18 Petra from Israel
- 19 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 20 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 21 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 22 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 23 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 24 Dubai Guide
- 25 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations