First trip to Egypt departing in March. I am wondering if it would be recommended to hire a tour operator for the Cairo and Giza Area? I will be in Giza 2 nights at the beginning of my trip. At the end of my trip, 2 nights in Giza and 2 nights in Cairo. First night in Giza will be recovering from jet lag, arriving late. I will be going back to Giza after doing the Oberi Philae Cruise. Would it be to difficult to take in the sites on our own? I'm reading that many travelers hire tour operators to get them around. Also, what Sound and Light shows do you also recommend in Cairo/ Giza Area? I am basically doing the same trip as many first time travelers starting off in Cairo/Giza, then to Aswan, Nile Cruise and then back to Giza and Cairo before flying to London. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would also like help as to the order in which to see the sites. I was also wondering if it is recommended to be vaccinated for typhoid? I asked my local trip clinic and typhoid was not on the list but I've been reading the discussions on Fodors. Appreciate any suggestions and help. The cruise and hotels are booked so now I need to decide if I should arrange for a tour operator. Thanks in advance.
Help with Egypt Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report