First trip to Egypt departing in March. I am wondering if it would be recommended to hire a tour operator for the Cairo and Giza Area? I will be in Giza 2 nights at the beginning of my trip. At the end of my trip, 2 nights in Giza and 2 nights in Cairo. First night in Giza will be recovering from jet lag, arriving late. I will be going back to Giza after doing the Oberi Philae Cruise. Would it be to difficult to take in the sites on our own? I'm reading that many travelers hire tour operators to get them around. Also, what Sound and Light shows do you also recommend in Cairo/ Giza Area? I am basically doing the same trip as many first time travelers starting off in Cairo/Giza, then to Aswan, Nile Cruise and then back to Giza and Cairo before flying to London. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would also like help as to the order in which to see the sites. I was also wondering if it is recommended to be vaccinated for typhoid? I asked my local trip clinic and typhoid was not on the list but I've been reading the discussions on Fodors. Appreciate any suggestions and help. The cruise and hotels are booked so now I need to decide if I should arrange for a tour operator. Thanks in advance.
Help with Egypt Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May