First trip to Egypt departing in March. I am wondering if it would be recommended to hire a tour operator for the Cairo and Giza Area? I will be in Giza 2 nights at the beginning of my trip. At the end of my trip, 2 nights in Giza and 2 nights in Cairo. First night in Giza will be recovering from jet lag, arriving late. I will be going back to Giza after doing the Oberi Philae Cruise. Would it be to difficult to take in the sites on our own? I'm reading that many travelers hire tour operators to get them around. Also, what Sound and Light shows do you also recommend in Cairo/ Giza Area? I am basically doing the same trip as many first time travelers starting off in Cairo/Giza, then to Aswan, Nile Cruise and then back to Giza and Cairo before flying to London. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would also like help as to the order in which to see the sites. I was also wondering if it is recommended to be vaccinated for typhoid? I asked my local trip clinic and typhoid was not on the list but I've been reading the discussions on Fodors. Appreciate any suggestions and help. The cruise and hotels are booked so now I need to decide if I should arrange for a tour operator. Thanks in advance.
Help with Egypt Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 I am looking for parteners to work with
- 2 East Africa summer 2014
- 3 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 4 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 5 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 6 Cape Town Safety?
- 7 first time family safari in August 2014
- 8 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 9 Memory cards for camera
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 12 Sabi Sands camps
- 13 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 14 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 15 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 16 Help with Rwanda trip
- 17 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 18 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 19 Tel Aviv beaches
- 20 trip report, morocco
- 21 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 22 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 23 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 24 Morocco for 2 nights
- 25 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??