First trip to Egypt departing in March. I am wondering if it would be recommended to hire a tour operator for the Cairo and Giza Area? I will be in Giza 2 nights at the beginning of my trip. At the end of my trip, 2 nights in Giza and 2 nights in Cairo. First night in Giza will be recovering from jet lag, arriving late. I will be going back to Giza after doing the Oberi Philae Cruise. Would it be to difficult to take in the sites on our own? I'm reading that many travelers hire tour operators to get them around. Also, what Sound and Light shows do you also recommend in Cairo/ Giza Area? I am basically doing the same trip as many first time travelers starting off in Cairo/Giza, then to Aswan, Nile Cruise and then back to Giza and Cairo before flying to London. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would also like help as to the order in which to see the sites. I was also wondering if it is recommended to be vaccinated for typhoid? I asked my local trip clinic and typhoid was not on the list but I've been reading the discussions on Fodors. Appreciate any suggestions and help. The cruise and hotels are booked so now I need to decide if I should arrange for a tour operator. Thanks in advance.
Help with Egypt Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 5 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 6 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 7 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 8 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 9 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 10 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 11 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 12 Eilat to Petra
- 13 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 14 Cape Town Trip
- 15 Safaga activités
- 16 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 17 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 18 Jordan vacation
- 19 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 20 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 21 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 22 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 23 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 Egypt with Zahi Hawass