Hi, everyone. I hope this request isn't too far afield for this forum, but I need some help with translating some clothing terms and sizes from South African to American English. While we were on safari last year in South Africa we met a woman working at one of the lodges and got to know her fairly well. Her family is in Zimbabwe and we are trying to help her get clothing to them. She has given us sizes and requests, but there are some translation problems I hope someone on this forum can help me with. First, does anyone know how to convert South African clothing and shoe sizes to American sizing? She has told me her sisters wear size 32 and her mother wears a 40. Her father wears an 8-9 shoe size. Also, she has asked for takkies and snickers and I'm clueless about what these are. I know this isn't a travel question, per se, but you all have been so helpful in the past and I really didn't know where else to ask. Thank you for any help you might give me. We're really trying to help her family.
Help with clothing size conversions for South Africa
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai