Hi, everyone. I hope this request isn't too far afield for this forum, but I need some help with translating some clothing terms and sizes from South African to American English. While we were on safari last year in South Africa we met a woman working at one of the lodges and got to know her fairly well. Her family is in Zimbabwe and we are trying to help her get clothing to them. She has given us sizes and requests, but there are some translation problems I hope someone on this forum can help me with. First, does anyone know how to convert South African clothing and shoe sizes to American sizing? She has told me her sisters wear size 32 and her mother wears a 40. Her father wears an 8-9 shoe size. Also, she has asked for takkies and snickers and I'm clueless about what these are. I know this isn't a travel question, per se, but you all have been so helpful in the past and I really didn't know where else to ask. Thank you for any help you might give me. We're really trying to help her family.
Help with clothing size conversions for South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 3 MOROCCO SOLO
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation