Hi, everyone. I hope this request isn't too far afield for this forum, but I need some help with translating some clothing terms and sizes from South African to American English. While we were on safari last year in South Africa we met a woman working at one of the lodges and got to know her fairly well. Her family is in Zimbabwe and we are trying to help her get clothing to them. She has given us sizes and requests, but there are some translation problems I hope someone on this forum can help me with. First, does anyone know how to convert South African clothing and shoe sizes to American sizing? She has told me her sisters wear size 32 and her mother wears a 40. Her father wears an 8-9 shoe size. Also, she has asked for takkies and snickers and I'm clueless about what these are. I know this isn't a travel question, per se, but you all have been so helpful in the past and I really didn't know where else to ask. Thank you for any help you might give me. We're really trying to help her family.
Help with clothing size conversions for South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back