Hi, everyone. I hope this request isn't too far afield for this forum, but I need some help with translating some clothing terms and sizes from South African to American English. While we were on safari last year in South Africa we met a woman working at one of the lodges and got to know her fairly well. Her family is in Zimbabwe and we are trying to help her get clothing to them. She has given us sizes and requests, but there are some translation problems I hope someone on this forum can help me with. First, does anyone know how to convert South African clothing and shoe sizes to American sizing? She has told me her sisters wear size 32 and her mother wears a 40. Her father wears an 8-9 shoe size. Also, she has asked for takkies and snickers and I'm clueless about what these are. I know this isn't a travel question, per se, but you all have been so helpful in the past and I really didn't know where else to ask. Thank you for any help you might give me. We're really trying to help her family.
Help with clothing size conversions for South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 2 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 3 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 4 Israel and Petra
- 5 Morocco for 2 nights
- 6 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 7 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 8 Magnificant Morocco
- 9 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 10 Hotels in Nairobi
- 11 israel and petra
- 12 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 13 Memory cards for camera
- 14 World Travel Expert
- 15 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 16 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 20 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 21 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 22 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 23 Uganda Trip Report May 2012
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Tanzania Visa on Arrival requirements?