Africa & the Middle East Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
  1. 1 NK OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 OUTLOOK @T
  2. 2 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
  3. 3 Dubai first time
  4. 4 2 nights in Dubai
  5. 5 16 hours in Qatar
  6. 6 Petra from Israel
  7. 7 Trip Report Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
  8. 8 Trip Report A South African in Lusaka
  9. 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
  10. 10 Packing for trip to Tanzania
  11. 11 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
  12. 12 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
  13. 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
  14. 14 Trip Report RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
  15. 15 Trip Report Babies Galore: Kenya in April
  16. 16 Safari suggestions
  17. 17 Best places to eat in Egypt?
  18. 18 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
  19. 19 Travel to Africa
  20. 20 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
  21. 21 Kenya/Tanzania
  22. 22 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
  23. 23 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris
  24. 24 Just starting to contemplate a safari--pointers please
  25. 25 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
View next 25 » Back to the top

HELP! Travel agent AWOL and trip 10 days way!

Jump to last reply

This is my first post here. I don't want to bash my agent, because I am still hoping to sort things out--but that seems increasingly unlikely. I'll also spare you the details of all that's gone wrong and just ask specific advice.

I found out that our booking in V. Falls has not been made. I requested this booking 2 months ago. We have already paid agent to make the booking. I am thinking at this point that I have to make the booking elsewhere--there is availability, and I got a quote from go2africa. There is also a problem re: one flight, which it turns out may have to be a charter, and may be more exspensive than he quoted us/we paid for. The camp operator in Zambia is willing to arrange, but I am worried that it will exceed what we agreed to pay.

Agent said he made wire transfer to the camps we're using, and they are waiting for it. They are proceeding with our booking as though it's coming, and I just pray that it comes through.

I have send myriad emails re: this over the past few weeks, and called, and still no response to me or the camps on these issues.

I am thinking of filing complaints with the BBB and/or ASTA. This will have to wait until after our trip, I suppose. Any advice on how to handle this situation? Thanks!!!

40 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement