I took your advice from last year when I was considering joining a group safari to Kenya and I'm in the process of planning a private trip for my husband & I for Sept. 2011. I have been pouring over the great trip reports and advice on this forum for the last 6 months. I have decided to include gorilla trekking and would like to do both Kenya & Tanzania if possible. Given my preference to travel in early Sept., should I skip the Serengeti and concentrate time in the Mara for possible migration viewing? I would like to see an elephant park either Amboseli or Tarangire. I would also like to do the crater. My budget only allows me to do one gorilla trek -- I know that this extension is expensive given the short time there but I really want to see the gorillas. I have been in contact with a couple of operators and have received some itineraries. None of them seem quite right. One of the agents is really pushing just a Tanzania/Rwanda trip and pushing it to late Sept/early Oct. I am concerned about doing the gorilla trek in early Oct. as the rainy season is close. This agent has also said that I could do Kenya/Rwanda in early Sept. but there is no way to include the crater. It looks like my idea for the trip is possible, tinydancer did a similar trip. I realize that the exact timing of my trip is dependent on the gorilla permits. Can someone suggest an itinerary that might work that I can send out for pricing?
Help Planning Kenya, Tanzania, & Rwanda Sept. 2011 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May