I took your advice from last year when I was considering joining a group safari to Kenya and I'm in the process of planning a private trip for my husband & I for Sept. 2011. I have been pouring over the great trip reports and advice on this forum for the last 6 months. I have decided to include gorilla trekking and would like to do both Kenya & Tanzania if possible. Given my preference to travel in early Sept., should I skip the Serengeti and concentrate time in the Mara for possible migration viewing? I would like to see an elephant park either Amboseli or Tarangire. I would also like to do the crater. My budget only allows me to do one gorilla trek -- I know that this extension is expensive given the short time there but I really want to see the gorillas. I have been in contact with a couple of operators and have received some itineraries. None of them seem quite right. One of the agents is really pushing just a Tanzania/Rwanda trip and pushing it to late Sept/early Oct. I am concerned about doing the gorilla trek in early Oct. as the rainy season is close. This agent has also said that I could do Kenya/Rwanda in early Sept. but there is no way to include the crater. It looks like my idea for the trip is possible, tinydancer did a similar trip. I realize that the exact timing of my trip is dependent on the gorilla permits. Can someone suggest an itinerary that might work that I can send out for pricing?
Help Planning Kenya, Tanzania, & Rwanda Sept. 2011 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 2 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 3 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 4 Israel and Petra
- 5 Morocco for 2 nights
- 6 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 7 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 8 Magnificant Morocco
- 9 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 10 Hotels in Nairobi
- 11 israel and petra
- 12 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 13 Memory cards for camera
- 14 World Travel Expert
- 15 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 16 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 20 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 21 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 22 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 23 Uganda Trip Report May 2012
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Tanzania Visa on Arrival requirements?