I took your advice from last year when I was considering joining a group safari to Kenya and I'm in the process of planning a private trip for my husband & I for Sept. 2011. I have been pouring over the great trip reports and advice on this forum for the last 6 months. I have decided to include gorilla trekking and would like to do both Kenya & Tanzania if possible. Given my preference to travel in early Sept., should I skip the Serengeti and concentrate time in the Mara for possible migration viewing? I would like to see an elephant park either Amboseli or Tarangire. I would also like to do the crater. My budget only allows me to do one gorilla trek -- I know that this extension is expensive given the short time there but I really want to see the gorillas. I have been in contact with a couple of operators and have received some itineraries. None of them seem quite right. One of the agents is really pushing just a Tanzania/Rwanda trip and pushing it to late Sept/early Oct. I am concerned about doing the gorilla trek in early Oct. as the rainy season is close. This agent has also said that I could do Kenya/Rwanda in early Sept. but there is no way to include the crater. It looks like my idea for the trip is possible, tinydancer did a similar trip. I realize that the exact timing of my trip is dependent on the gorilla permits. Can someone suggest an itinerary that might work that I can send out for pricing?
Help Planning Kenya, Tanzania, & Rwanda Sept. 2011 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 2 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 6 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015