I took your advice from last year when I was considering joining a group safari to Kenya and I'm in the process of planning a private trip for my husband & I for Sept. 2011. I have been pouring over the great trip reports and advice on this forum for the last 6 months. I have decided to include gorilla trekking and would like to do both Kenya & Tanzania if possible. Given my preference to travel in early Sept., should I skip the Serengeti and concentrate time in the Mara for possible migration viewing? I would like to see an elephant park either Amboseli or Tarangire. I would also like to do the crater. My budget only allows me to do one gorilla trek -- I know that this extension is expensive given the short time there but I really want to see the gorillas. I have been in contact with a couple of operators and have received some itineraries. None of them seem quite right. One of the agents is really pushing just a Tanzania/Rwanda trip and pushing it to late Sept/early Oct. I am concerned about doing the gorilla trek in early Oct. as the rainy season is close. This agent has also said that I could do Kenya/Rwanda in early Sept. but there is no way to include the crater. It looks like my idea for the trip is possible, tinydancer did a similar trip. I realize that the exact timing of my trip is dependent on the gorilla permits. Can someone suggest an itinerary that might work that I can send out for pricing?
Help Planning Kenya, Tanzania, & Rwanda Sept. 2011 Trip
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 2 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 3 Bubonic plaque
- 4 Safari and Beach in June
- 5 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 6 Safari Cost Comparison
- 7 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 8 Help! First African safari!!!
- 9 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 12 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 13 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 16 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 17 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 18 My trip to Egypt .....
- 19 dubai for 5 days
- 20 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Bugs n' Botswana
- 24 Group Trip to Israel
- 25 My Trip to Palestine