I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.musclesupplement.org/testo-vital-review/
- 2 아시안카지노((☭))→ ＮＵB７６。ＣＯＭ ←((☭))다모아카지노
- 3 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 4 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 5 My recent trip to Kenya
- 6 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 7 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 8 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 9 Timing for Africa visit
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Morocco over Christmas
- 12 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 13 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 14 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 15 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 16 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 17 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 18 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 19 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 20 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 21 DOHA LAYOVER
- 22 Morocco Questions
- 23 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 24 Botswana safari recs
- 25 Tanzania vs. Botswana
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania