I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 2 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 3 help with itinerary please
- 4 advise on joburg pls!
- 5 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 6 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 7 12 days Cape Town and Pilanesburg Itinerary help
- 8 Cape Town weather dependent activities
- 9 Luggage restrictions
- 10 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 11 Spain and Morocco over 90 Days
- 12 Where to holiday in late June/early July 2017?
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 15 Township Tour Guide
- 16 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 17 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 18 ISRAEL TRIP
- 19 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 20 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 21 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 22 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 23 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 24 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 25 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania