I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 2 First time safari question
- 3 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 4 help with itinerary please
- 5 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 6 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 Swala Safaris
- 11 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 12 Dubai
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 15 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 16 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 17 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 18 Etosha help
- 19 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 20 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 21 private game reserve-kruger
- 22 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 23 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 24 go2africa
- 25 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania