I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Cradle of Humankind
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 11 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 israel tour
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Luxury train ride
- 18 Safety in Fes
- 19 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania