I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Western Desert Itinerary
- 2 Masai Mara in May
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 5 What is worth seeing in November?
- 6 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 7 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 8 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 9 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 10 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 11 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 12 Trip to Merzouga
- 13 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 14 Uganda Visa
- 15 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 16 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 17 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 18 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 19 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 20 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 21 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 22 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 24 beach visit after safari
- 25 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania