I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Money in Uganda
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 4 First trip to Africa
- 5 Uganda Visa
- 6 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 7 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 8 Private Guide for Cairo
- 9 Egypt - Need Help!
- 10 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 18 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 19 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 20 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 21 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 22 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 23 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 24 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 25 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania