I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania
- 1 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 2 17 days in Israel our way
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Africa Safari
- 5 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 10 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 11 Morocco - private tour operators
- 12 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 13 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 14 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 15 Tangier - A four day city break
- 16 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 17 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 18 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 19 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 20 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 21 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 22 phone service
- 23 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 24 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 25 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!