I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Top 7 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Packers Movers in Pune
- 2 http://luxmuscle.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 3 SA itin review
- 4 Botswana safari in late November
- 5 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 6 Tipping on Safari
- 7 Ferry to Morocco
- 8 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 9 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 10 Cape Town -safety
- 11 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 12 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 13 Widerness Lodges
- 14 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 17 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 18 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 19 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 20 Lodge Feedback
- 21 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 22 Driving in South Africa
- 23 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 24 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 25 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania