I'm hoping to gain some guidance. I am trying to book a safari in Kenya and Tanzania at the end of May/beginning of June to celebrate my 30th birthday. I love to travel and this is the trip of my dreams to mark a milestone year. My husband and I normally book on our own when we travel internationally, but this time I was a little hesitant and was thinking about using a travel agent. When I started researching itineraries through travel agents, it was killing me to pay so much more to go through them. I am now thinking about booking my own flights and going through a local safari agent to get the itinerary I want for hopefully a little less expensive. Has anyone ever had experience with this? I was looking at DK Grand Safaris, Natural World Safaris and Gamewatchers Safaris. Our budget isn't huge (ideally $3,000-$4,000 per person), but I was hoping that I could benefit by going in low season and since many people have had Ebola fears and have cancelled. I am looking for about a 12 day safari because I would like to spend some time around Nairobi before or after the safari (14-17 total, additional money spent on time in Nairobi area). Since this is the most exotic location we will have ever been to, I am so nervous and overwhelmed! Can anyone offer guidance regarding booking on your own vs. through an agent. Also, can you shed light on the best areas to visit during that time of year? Thank you all in advance. I greatly appreciate everything!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May