I'm hoping to gain some guidance. I am trying to book a safari in Kenya and Tanzania at the end of May/beginning of June to celebrate my 30th birthday. I love to travel and this is the trip of my dreams to mark a milestone year. My husband and I normally book on our own when we travel internationally, but this time I was a little hesitant and was thinking about using a travel agent. When I started researching itineraries through travel agents, it was killing me to pay so much more to go through them. I am now thinking about booking my own flights and going through a local safari agent to get the itinerary I want for hopefully a little less expensive. Has anyone ever had experience with this? I was looking at DK Grand Safaris, Natural World Safaris and Gamewatchers Safaris. Our budget isn't huge (ideally $3,000-$4,000 per person), but I was hoping that I could benefit by going in low season and since many people have had Ebola fears and have cancelled. I am looking for about a 12 day safari because I would like to spend some time around Nairobi before or after the safari (14-17 total, additional money spent on time in Nairobi area). Since this is the most exotic location we will have ever been to, I am so nervous and overwhelmed! Can anyone offer guidance regarding booking on your own vs. through an agent. Also, can you shed light on the best areas to visit during that time of year? Thank you all in advance. I greatly appreciate everything!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 7 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 8 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 9 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 10 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 11 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 12 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Buying merchandise
- 17 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 18 Egypt January-February 2018
- 19 safari for the mobility impaired
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 22 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 23 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 24 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 25 Dining in Cape Town
Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May