I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
HELP! First time planning Safari...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour