I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Audley Travel
- 5 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 6 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 7 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 8 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 9 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 12 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 13 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 14 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 15 Safari in South Africa
- 16 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 17 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 18 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 19 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 20 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 21 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 22 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 23 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 24 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 25 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca