I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 7 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 8 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 9 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 10 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 11 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 12 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Buying merchandise
- 17 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 18 Egypt January-February 2018
- 19 safari for the mobility impaired
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 22 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 23 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 24 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 25 Dining in Cape Town