I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 8 What is worth seeing in November?
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 Israeli Tour Guides
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Masai Mara in May
- 17 Western Desert Itinerary
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 20 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 21 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 22 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 23 Trip to Merzouga
- 24 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 25 Uganda Visa