I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
HELP! First time planning Safari...
- 1 Center Coordinators needed to manage our children’s home in Kenya
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 4 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 13 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 14 Homestay Accomodation
- 15 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 16 Selous game reserve
- 17 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 18 Safari and Beach in June
- 19 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 20 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 23 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 24 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 25 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.