I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
HELP! First time planning Safari...
- 1 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 2 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 3 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 4 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 7 Africa Safari
- 8 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 9 Morocco - private tour operators
- 10 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 11 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 12 Kruger Park trip
- 13 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 14 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 15 phone service
- 16 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 17 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 18 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 19 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 20 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 21 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 22 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 23 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 24 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 25 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?