I'm overwhelmed! I've been reading through the books and the posts and I'm still at a bit of a loss. Usually I plan my trips by myself, but it's beginning to look as if I will have to use some kind of travel agent who specializes in AFrica. Is that what most of you have found?
If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Here's the situation...
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends and we can go anytime of the year since we are all freelancers. However, there are a few things we are hoping for...
-Going to a country that offers great wildlife viewing but also a cultural experience...we are very interested in learning about tribal life. Of course everyone suggest Masai in Kenya, but I have a friend who just did that and my impression was that it has turned a bit 'touristy'. We would also prefer to not be in a place where 100 other jeeps are at the same time! Some of the things I've read sound a little like going to a zoo
We really can't afford to go luxury, but we are willing to splurge for 2 or 3 nights if it's worth it. For the rest of the time, we can do more basic accommodations as long as we have water and bathroom facilities. Sadly, none of us are the 'camping' types which I'm sure means spending more $$.
I know this is a lot, but if you have some ideas about where to go...Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia to experience tribal culture and wildlife that would be great. We are looking to go for about 2-3 weeks but also want to head into Rwanda or Uganda to do gorilla trekking for a short time. Also, I'd love to hear recommends for travel agents if you think that is the best way to go!
thanks so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dining during Shauvot
- 2 Suggestions Apprciated
- 3 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 7 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 8 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 9 help with itinerary please
- 10 South African tour operators
- 11 First time safari question
- 12 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 13 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 14 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 15 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 16 Swala Safaris
- 17 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 18 Dubai
- 19 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 20 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 21 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 22 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 23 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 24 Etosha help
- 25 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups