My husband has a business trip to Johannesburg the first week in June. He will be busy through 5:00 p.m. on Thursday the 5th and doesn't fly out until 8:00 p.m. on Monday the 9th. He would like to spend that time seeing wildlife but we have no idea what is feasible and/or reasonable to do in that time period.
While he isn't necessarily trying to see the big five in one weekend, he would like to see some of the iconic African mammals. He is also a birder, so birds are good also.
We would truly appreciate any help or suggestions that you can offer on what might be reasonable to attempt in that short time frame.
Thank you for your assistance
Pamela (on behalf of Vic)
Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 5 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 6 South Africa in February?
- 7 Morocco Advice
- 8 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 9 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 10 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 11 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 12 3-week tour at Egypt
- 13 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 14 Beirut
- 15 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 16 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 17 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 20 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 23 I'm going on safari for free!
- 24 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 25 Dubai first time