I have been avidly picking out all of your useful information for a 7 night Tanzanian Serengeti Safari in January 2006 on the back of a One World around the World ticket flying Sydney - Toronto - London - Nairobi (Shuttle bus return to Arusha) - Nairobi -Johannesburg - Sydney. However, we have just discovered that Regional Air (Air Kenya) the BA affiliate ceased flying on 14 April and the BA does not have an alternative. It looks like we will have to buy additonal flights to get to South Africa which using SAA is expensive.
Does anyone know of a more reasonable airline preferably leaving from Mt Kilimanjaro as we have no reason to return to Nairobi?
Our other option is to fly London-Lusaka do a safari there and then take the Zambezi Express train to Livingstone when we can then take another BA flight to Jo'burg.
Is this feasible and worthwhile given the rainy season?
If anyone can suggest another possibility I would be grateful to hear them. I am pulling my hair out afte spending so much time planning the ideal itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 name issue
- 2 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 3 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 4 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 5 Madagascar suggestions
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 8 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 9 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 10 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 11 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 12 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 13 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 14 Single traveler
- 15 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 16 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 17 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 20 morocco help please
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 23 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
- 24 Nile cruise with Uniworld, October 2015
- 25 Israel for 10 days