I have been avidly picking out all of your useful information for a 7 night Tanzanian Serengeti Safari in January 2006 on the back of a One World around the World ticket flying Sydney - Toronto - London - Nairobi (Shuttle bus return to Arusha) - Nairobi -Johannesburg - Sydney. However, we have just discovered that Regional Air (Air Kenya) the BA affiliate ceased flying on 14 April and the BA does not have an alternative. It looks like we will have to buy additonal flights to get to South Africa which using SAA is expensive.
Does anyone know of a more reasonable airline preferably leaving from Mt Kilimanjaro as we have no reason to return to Nairobi?
Our other option is to fly London-Lusaka do a safari there and then take the Zambezi Express train to Livingstone when we can then take another BA flight to Jo'burg.
Is this feasible and worthwhile given the rainy season?
If anyone can suggest another possibility I would be grateful to hear them. I am pulling my hair out afte spending so much time planning the ideal itinerary.
Help - Tanzania or Zambia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 Tanzania Safari
- 4 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 7 Israel and Petra
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012