I have been avidly picking out all of your useful information for a 7 night Tanzanian Serengeti Safari in January 2006 on the back of a One World around the World ticket flying Sydney - Toronto - London - Nairobi (Shuttle bus return to Arusha) - Nairobi -Johannesburg - Sydney. However, we have just discovered that Regional Air (Air Kenya) the BA affiliate ceased flying on 14 April and the BA does not have an alternative. It looks like we will have to buy additonal flights to get to South Africa which using SAA is expensive.
Does anyone know of a more reasonable airline preferably leaving from Mt Kilimanjaro as we have no reason to return to Nairobi?
Our other option is to fly London-Lusaka do a safari there and then take the Zambezi Express train to Livingstone when we can then take another BA flight to Jo'burg.
Is this feasible and worthwhile given the rainy season?
If anyone can suggest another possibility I would be grateful to hear them. I am pulling my hair out afte spending so much time planning the ideal itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 4 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 5 Alexandria
- 6 Dubai in 36 hours
- 7 good internet connection option Meknes
- 8 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 9 South Africa trip report
- 10 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 11 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security