The more I read about Eilat, the less sure I am that I want to go there. I've seen iit described as "tacky" and as an "overdeveloped beachg resort." We were going mainly for the snorkelling and the Underwater Observatory Marine Park and were going to stay at the Orchid Reef Hotel. I've already booked flights, but for about $78 can cancel them. If we don't go to Eilat, I would add one extra day to Haifa or Rosh Pina and one to Jerusalem. (Current plan is to drive to Haifa from Tel Aviv mid-day Sunday after flying from Eilat to TA; to spend one night in Haifa and two in Rosh Pina. Current plan is to be in Jerusalem from late afternoon Wed. throug Sunday evening. New plan would have us in Haifa and RP Fri. - Tues., and Jerusalem late afternoon Tues, through Sun. night.) If change plans, wouldn't need taxis to/from airports in TA and Eillat and wouldn't be spending money on snorkeling, etc. but would need rental car for two extra days. If we change plans, we would be in the Haifa area on Shabbat. Would that limit what we can see and do?
Having second thoughts about going to Eilat (mid-Nov.)
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai