The more I read about Eilat, the less sure I am that I want to go there. I've seen iit described as "tacky" and as an "overdeveloped beachg resort." We were going mainly for the snorkelling and the Underwater Observatory Marine Park and were going to stay at the Orchid Reef Hotel. I've already booked flights, but for about $78 can cancel them. If we don't go to Eilat, I would add one extra day to Haifa or Rosh Pina and one to Jerusalem. (Current plan is to drive to Haifa from Tel Aviv mid-day Sunday after flying from Eilat to TA; to spend one night in Haifa and two in Rosh Pina. Current plan is to be in Jerusalem from late afternoon Wed. throug Sunday evening. New plan would have us in Haifa and RP Fri. - Tues., and Jerusalem late afternoon Tues, through Sun. night.) If change plans, wouldn't need taxis to/from airports in TA and Eillat and wouldn't be spending money on snorkeling, etc. but would need rental car for two extra days. If we change plans, we would be in the Haifa area on Shabbat. Would that limit what we can see and do?
Having second thoughts about going to Eilat (mid-Nov.)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 3 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 4 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 5 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 6 Zambia Impressions
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 9 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 10 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 11 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour