The more I read about Eilat, the less sure I am that I want to go there. I've seen iit described as "tacky" and as an "overdeveloped beachg resort." We were going mainly for the snorkelling and the Underwater Observatory Marine Park and were going to stay at the Orchid Reef Hotel. I've already booked flights, but for about $78 can cancel them. If we don't go to Eilat, I would add one extra day to Haifa or Rosh Pina and one to Jerusalem. (Current plan is to drive to Haifa from Tel Aviv mid-day Sunday after flying from Eilat to TA; to spend one night in Haifa and two in Rosh Pina. Current plan is to be in Jerusalem from late afternoon Wed. throug Sunday evening. New plan would have us in Haifa and RP Fri. - Tues., and Jerusalem late afternoon Tues, through Sun. night.) If change plans, wouldn't need taxis to/from airports in TA and Eillat and wouldn't be spending money on snorkeling, etc. but would need rental car for two extra days. If we change plans, we would be in the Haifa area on Shabbat. Would that limit what we can see and do?
Having second thoughts about going to Eilat (mid-Nov.)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 7 Novice Safari question
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Quick question about Kenya..
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 Morocco in April 2014
- 15 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September