I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Tel Aviv on Sat. March 15th. We were thinking of driving up to Haifa for Sat night and then driving over to the Sea of Galilee and staying Sunday. We have a business function in Tel Aviv on Monday and Tuesday with accommodation already arraigned, so that will take care of those two days. We were then planning to spend Wednesday and Thursday night in Jerusalem and then drive down to Masada and the Dead Sea and spend our last night there before heading back to Tel Aviv on Sat to catch a flight out.
I have the following questions:
1. Is there decent accommodation that anyone can recommend at those locations (with the exception of Tel Aviv) for people on a budget? I trying to find a modestly-priced and clean accommodations for 10 people in 3-5 rooms.
2. Is there an place around the Sea of Galilee that someone can recommend for sightseeing for first-timers? For the Dead Sea as well?
3. Is there a decent half-a-day tour in Jerusalem? And if so can someone recommend any info that I can look up about the quality of tour guides, if it exists?
4. What is a must to see or visit in Jerusalem? Markets, Holy Sites, Restaurants,etc?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 casablanca airport taxis
- 2 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 3 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 4 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 5 Insect Repellent
- 6 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 7 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 10 Tiberias with kids
- 11 Lion World
- 12 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 13 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 14 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 15 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 16 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 17 Mpumalanga visit
- 18 safe areas to go on safari
- 19 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 20 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 21 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 22 Victoria Falls
- 23 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 24 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 25 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius