I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Tel Aviv on Sat. March 15th. We were thinking of driving up to Haifa for Sat night and then driving over to the Sea of Galilee and staying Sunday. We have a business function in Tel Aviv on Monday and Tuesday with accommodation already arraigned, so that will take care of those two days. We were then planning to spend Wednesday and Thursday night in Jerusalem and then drive down to Masada and the Dead Sea and spend our last night there before heading back to Tel Aviv on Sat to catch a flight out.
I have the following questions:
1. Is there decent accommodation that anyone can recommend at those locations (with the exception of Tel Aviv) for people on a budget? I trying to find a modestly-priced and clean accommodations for 10 people in 3-5 rooms.
2. Is there an place around the Sea of Galilee that someone can recommend for sightseeing for first-timers? For the Dead Sea as well?
3. Is there a decent half-a-day tour in Jerusalem? And if so can someone recommend any info that I can look up about the quality of tour guides, if it exists?
4. What is a must to see or visit in Jerusalem? Markets, Holy Sites, Restaurants,etc?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Group Trip to Israel
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 2 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 3 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 4 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 5 Johannesburg
- 6 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 7 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust