I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Tel Aviv on Sat. March 15th. We were thinking of driving up to Haifa for Sat night and then driving over to the Sea of Galilee and staying Sunday. We have a business function in Tel Aviv on Monday and Tuesday with accommodation already arraigned, so that will take care of those two days. We were then planning to spend Wednesday and Thursday night in Jerusalem and then drive down to Masada and the Dead Sea and spend our last night there before heading back to Tel Aviv on Sat to catch a flight out.
I have the following questions:
1. Is there decent accommodation that anyone can recommend at those locations (with the exception of Tel Aviv) for people on a budget? I trying to find a modestly-priced and clean accommodations for 10 people in 3-5 rooms.
2. Is there an place around the Sea of Galilee that someone can recommend for sightseeing for first-timers? For the Dead Sea as well?
3. Is there a decent half-a-day tour in Jerusalem? And if so can someone recommend any info that I can look up about the quality of tour guides, if it exists?
4. What is a must to see or visit in Jerusalem? Markets, Holy Sites, Restaurants,etc?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 2 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess
- 3 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 4 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 5 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 6 Victoria Falls
- 7 Cape Town
- 8 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 9 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 10 Morocco vs Turkey
- 11 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 12 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 13 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 14 Nairobi, where to stay
- 15 Widerness Lodges
- 16 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 17 Help plan African Safari
- 18 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 19 Tipping on Safari
- 20 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 21 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 22 Cape Town -safety
- 23 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 24 SA itin review
- 25 Botswana safari in late November