I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Tel Aviv on Sat. March 15th. We were thinking of driving up to Haifa for Sat night and then driving over to the Sea of Galilee and staying Sunday. We have a business function in Tel Aviv on Monday and Tuesday with accommodation already arraigned, so that will take care of those two days. We were then planning to spend Wednesday and Thursday night in Jerusalem and then drive down to Masada and the Dead Sea and spend our last night there before heading back to Tel Aviv on Sat to catch a flight out.
I have the following questions:
1. Is there decent accommodation that anyone can recommend at those locations (with the exception of Tel Aviv) for people on a budget? I trying to find a modestly-priced and clean accommodations for 10 people in 3-5 rooms.
2. Is there an place around the Sea of Galilee that someone can recommend for sightseeing for first-timers? For the Dead Sea as well?
3. Is there a decent half-a-day tour in Jerusalem? And if so can someone recommend any info that I can look up about the quality of tour guides, if it exists?
4. What is a must to see or visit in Jerusalem? Markets, Holy Sites, Restaurants,etc?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Group Trip to Israel
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 2 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???