I recently got to know a small non-profit that deserves to be more known and grow. They could increase their already strong impact with appropriate funding.
Paper for All is the name, it is a non-profit that provides academic resources to elementary school children in Burkina Faso, Africa. Burkina Faso is indeed one of the most illiterate countries in the world and the children do not apparently even have pens or notebooks to write on. It is a small non-profit but they have managed to distribute over 5,000 notebooks, 4,000 pens and pencils and many boxes of chalk for the professors. They need a sponsor/funds to continue their strong impact. Their website is http://www.paper4all.org. Thanks for telling your friends around you about this organization!
Great non-profit to support and help develop!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 3 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 Tipping
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Quick question about Kenya..
- 8 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 9 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 12 What camera to use on safari
- 13 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 14 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 15 India
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Ideas about the trip.
- 18 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 23 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 24 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 25 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh