I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 5 Travel to Cairo in July
- 6 Targin into Zambia
- 7 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 8 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 9 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 12 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 13 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 16 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 17 Passport question for International flight
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Tour operator near me
- 20 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 23 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 24 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 25 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60