I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Timing for Africa visit
- 2 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 3 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 4 Morocco over Christmas
- 5 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 6 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 7 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 8 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 9 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 10 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 11 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 12 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 15 DOHA LAYOVER
- 16 Morocco Questions
- 17 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 18 Botswana safari recs
- 19 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 20 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 21 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 22 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 23 Botswana in January
- 24 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 25 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60