I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/ultimate-testo-explosion/
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 First trip to Africa
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Israel Transportation
- 8 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 9 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 10 IRAN
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 14 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 Egypt - Need Help!
- 17 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 22 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60