I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.guidehealthreview.com/pure-divine-anti-aging/
- 2 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 3 safari for the mobility impaired
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 7 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 8 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 11 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 12 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 13 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 14 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 15 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 16 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 17 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 Buying merchandise
- 21 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 22 Egypt January-February 2018
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 25 Private tour guide in Marrakech
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60