I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 3 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 6 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 7 Alexandria
- 8 Dubai in 36 hours
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 13 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 Mombasa recomendations please
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 18 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60