I have already received some great comments and suggestions in my previous post about travelling solo as a female of certain age to Morocco. Tonight I did it! Booked my flights from Sydney to Casablanca return from next Monday 3 March returning 18 March so I have have close to 2 weeks in Morocco.
I have not done anything-other than read Fodors forum- no hotels/riads, no itinerary ...zilch!! Exciting
I thought I would do the minimum in Casablanca and then potter around Tangier, Fes, maybe Rabat and a couple of days in Marrakesh.
I enjoy just seeing how other people live, their history,gardens, food, architecture, music,leisure activities. I may look at some tours or driver/guide particularly in the more remote areas. Many Forum contributors spoke of a camel ride/desert camp with much joy. I would like to stay in good quality accommodations but not in the generic Sheratons and the like.
While I have a reasonable budget it is not at the uber luxe level.
So I ask the geneous Fodorite community to throw any ideas at me: - practical suggestions - places to see- places to stay- places to eat- transportation to use - people/agencies to use.
Obviously I will make my own decisions in the end but I find the richness of views, preferences and experiences of people who have "been there,done that" invaluable.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 2 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 3 Help plan African Safari
- 4 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 5 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 6 Tipping on Safari
- 7 Cape Town
- 8 Widerness Lodges
- 9 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 10 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 11 Cape Town -safety
- 12 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 13 SA itin review
- 14 Botswana safari in late November
- 15 Ferry to Morocco
- 16 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 17 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 18 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 19 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 20 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 25 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
Going to Morocco in 1 week's time - running away from home at 60