This is my first foray to the Africa forum and I hope I'm welcome. I am completely uninformed on all things African, especially in terms of tourism.
My employer takes a young man with fairly severe physical limitation to Europe each year, and I do the planning. This year, he wants to introduce the young man to Africa.
South Africa is their preferred destination.
Can anyone please give me an idea of where to start searching for airfare to South Africa? I presume that the OR Tambo Airport is what is should be looking at, but for all I know, this could be totally wrong.
I am also looking for a safari for at least the two men, maybe more. Since they are vegetarians, I don't think they want to shoot animals, just see them.
Our young man is extremely game, but as I said, there are limitations to what he can physically do. Climbing might be out. My employer is also an enthusiastic traveler, but he is 65 and has a heart condition. I guess all this means that I need to find them a somewhat gentle physical experience.
This seems overwhelming, and I'm going to order some books from the library, but I thought this was a good place to start.
Getting from US to Johannesburg for a safari
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Bugs n' Botswana
- 5 Safari Cost Comparison
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Group Trip to Israel
- 8 My Trip to Palestine
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia