This is my first foray to the Africa forum and I hope I'm welcome. I am completely uninformed on all things African, especially in terms of tourism.
My employer takes a young man with fairly severe physical limitation to Europe each year, and I do the planning. This year, he wants to introduce the young man to Africa.
South Africa is their preferred destination.
Can anyone please give me an idea of where to start searching for airfare to South Africa? I presume that the OR Tambo Airport is what is should be looking at, but for all I know, this could be totally wrong.
I am also looking for a safari for at least the two men, maybe more. Since they are vegetarians, I don't think they want to shoot animals, just see them.
Our young man is extremely game, but as I said, there are limitations to what he can physically do. Climbing might be out. My employer is also an enthusiastic traveler, but he is 65 and has a heart condition. I guess all this means that I need to find them a somewhat gentle physical experience.
This seems overwhelming, and I'm going to order some books from the library, but I thought this was a good place to start.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Texting from US to Israel
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 4 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 5 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 6 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 7 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 8 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 9 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 10 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 11 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 12 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 13 Passport pages stuck together
- 14 Self drive tour south africa
- 15 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 16 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 17 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 18 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 19 Duba activities - help deciding
- 20 Eilat
- 21 recommendations for AI islands
- 22 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 23 Petra from Israel
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?