My daughter is going on a research trip to S. Africa. I've looked on a number of different sites that getting money out of an ATM at the airport is the best option, as opposed to getting $ through a bank or AAA here, because though she'd be paying the fees for the withdrawal, they're far less than the hit on the exchange rate.
Getting currency for S. Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 2 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 3 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 4 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 Safari buddies - late August
- 7 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 8 Kruger
- 9 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 10 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 11 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 12 Morocco Trip Report
- 13 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 14 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA