My daughter is going on a research trip to S. Africa. I've looked on a number of different sites that getting money out of an ATM at the airport is the best option, as opposed to getting $ through a bank or AAA here, because though she'd be paying the fees for the withdrawal, they're far less than the hit on the exchange rate.
Getting currency for S. Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 2 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 3 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 4 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 5 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 9 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 10 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 11 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 12 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 13 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 14 Ebola and Morocco
- 15 Thompson Gazelle
- 16 Overland in West Africa
- 17 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 18 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 19 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 20 Morrocco and Cash
- 21 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 22 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 23 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 24 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 25 South Africa trip advices