I'm in the process of planning a year-long round-the-world trip, in which we would be spending a significant amount of time (e.g., 60 days) in Africa. With respect to the rest of the trip, some pieces don't require much handholding (e.g., Tahiti, Australia), while others do (e.g., Morocco, the Pantanal, etc.). I'm trying to figure out whether to have one TA from a major agency handle the entire trip (for a fairly significant consulting fee, say, 1% - 2% of the cost of the trip), or to farm out pieces to TAs who specialize in particular areas, or at specialize in Africa. Any thoughts?
To put it differently, do you think it's okay to have a TA from a major U.S. travel agency handling the booking of our African safaris, our time in Madagscar, etc., or would it be better to have a specialist agency (e.g., ACC) handle that piece. The TA has apparently done a lot of work with African safaris in the past. Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 2 Marrakech
- 3 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 7 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 8 Audley Travel
- 9 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 10 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 11 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 12 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 13 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 14 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 15 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 16 Safari in South Africa
- 17 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 18 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 19 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 20 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 21 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 22 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 23 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 24 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 25 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca