I'm in the process of planning a year-long round-the-world trip, in which we would be spending a significant amount of time (e.g., 60 days) in Africa. With respect to the rest of the trip, some pieces don't require much handholding (e.g., Tahiti, Australia), while others do (e.g., Morocco, the Pantanal, etc.). I'm trying to figure out whether to have one TA from a major agency handle the entire trip (for a fairly significant consulting fee, say, 1% - 2% of the cost of the trip), or to farm out pieces to TAs who specialize in particular areas, or at specialize in Africa. Any thoughts?
To put it differently, do you think it's okay to have a TA from a major U.S. travel agency handling the booking of our African safaris, our time in Madagscar, etc., or would it be better to have a specialist agency (e.g., ACC) handle that piece. The TA has apparently done a lot of work with African safaris in the past. Thanks very much.
General or specialist TA for African piece of RTW trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 8 Morocco in April 2014
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 11 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 14 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 15 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 16 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 17 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 18 Uganda Travel Planning
- 19 Israel and Jordan
- 20 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 21 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 22 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 23 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 24 Northern Circuit tour company
- 25 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!