I'm in the process of planning a year-long round-the-world trip, in which we would be spending a significant amount of time (e.g., 60 days) in Africa. With respect to the rest of the trip, some pieces don't require much handholding (e.g., Tahiti, Australia), while others do (e.g., Morocco, the Pantanal, etc.). I'm trying to figure out whether to have one TA from a major agency handle the entire trip (for a fairly significant consulting fee, say, 1% - 2% of the cost of the trip), or to farm out pieces to TAs who specialize in particular areas, or at specialize in Africa. Any thoughts?
To put it differently, do you think it's okay to have a TA from a major U.S. travel agency handling the booking of our African safaris, our time in Madagscar, etc., or would it be better to have a specialist agency (e.g., ACC) handle that piece. The TA has apparently done a lot of work with African safaris in the past. Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Western Desert Itinerary
- 2 Masai Mara in May
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 5 What is worth seeing in November?
- 6 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 7 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 8 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 9 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 10 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 11 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 12 Trip to Merzouga
- 13 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 14 Uganda Visa
- 15 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 16 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 17 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 18 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 19 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 20 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 21 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 22 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 24 beach visit after safari
- 25 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?