I'm in the process of planning a year-long round-the-world trip, in which we would be spending a significant amount of time (e.g., 60 days) in Africa. With respect to the rest of the trip, some pieces don't require much handholding (e.g., Tahiti, Australia), while others do (e.g., Morocco, the Pantanal, etc.). I'm trying to figure out whether to have one TA from a major agency handle the entire trip (for a fairly significant consulting fee, say, 1% - 2% of the cost of the trip), or to farm out pieces to TAs who specialize in particular areas, or at specialize in Africa. Any thoughts?
To put it differently, do you think it's okay to have a TA from a major U.S. travel agency handling the booking of our African safaris, our time in Madagscar, etc., or would it be better to have a specialist agency (e.g., ACC) handle that piece. The TA has apparently done a lot of work with African safaris in the past. Thanks very much.
General or specialist TA for African piece of RTW trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 2 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 3 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 4 To go to Israel or not?
- 5 Bidair at JNB
- 6 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 7 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 8 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 9 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 14 Dubai > Oman?
- 15 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 16 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 19 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 20 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 21 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 22 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 23 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 24 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 25 Awesome trip and still not done