I'm in the process of planning a year-long round-the-world trip, in which we would be spending a significant amount of time (e.g., 60 days) in Africa. With respect to the rest of the trip, some pieces don't require much handholding (e.g., Tahiti, Australia), while others do (e.g., Morocco, the Pantanal, etc.). I'm trying to figure out whether to have one TA from a major agency handle the entire trip (for a fairly significant consulting fee, say, 1% - 2% of the cost of the trip), or to farm out pieces to TAs who specialize in particular areas, or at specialize in Africa. Any thoughts?
To put it differently, do you think it's okay to have a TA from a major U.S. travel agency handling the booking of our African safaris, our time in Madagscar, etc., or would it be better to have a specialist agency (e.g., ACC) handle that piece. The TA has apparently done a lot of work with African safaris in the past. Thanks very much.
General or specialist TA for African piece of RTW trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 3 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 4 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 5 Morocco Sahara Desert Experience - Trip Report
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 What camera to use on safari
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 India
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Ideas about the trip.
- 14 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 15 3 days in Teheran
- 16 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 21 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 22 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 23 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 24 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 25 FOREX Nairobi airport