My partner and I are heading to Kathmandu next May and we're flying via Doha. The trip is going to be our honeymoon however, apparently, a three week trek to Everest Base Camp isn't really a honeymoon so we'd like a bit of R&R afterwards. We've looked at tagging a week on in India or Thailand or somewhere but monsoon season seems to be beating us. So then we figured, what about Doha? We know nothing about the place and as a lesbian couple, we'd like to find out more about attitudes there.
Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar so will us checking in to a hotel be tricky for example? We appreciate that public displays of affection aren't a good idea, but will there be other problems?
Any advice people can give would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco over Christmas
- 2 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 3 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 4 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 5 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 6 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 7 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 8 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 9 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 10 DOHA LAYOVER
- 11 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 12 Morocco Questions
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Botswana safari recs
- 15 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 16 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 17 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 18 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 19 Botswana in January
- 20 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 21 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 22 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 23 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 24 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 25 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017