My partner and I are heading to Kathmandu next May and we're flying via Doha. The trip is going to be our honeymoon however, apparently, a three week trek to Everest Base Camp isn't really a honeymoon so we'd like a bit of R&R afterwards. We've looked at tagging a week on in India or Thailand or somewhere but monsoon season seems to be beating us. So then we figured, what about Doha? We know nothing about the place and as a lesbian couple, we'd like to find out more about attitudes there.
Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar so will us checking in to a hotel be tricky for example? We appreciate that public displays of affection aren't a good idea, but will there be other problems?
Any advice people can give would be great.
Gay travel to Doha
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 South Africa trip advices
- 5 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 10 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 11 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 First time in Africa on safari
- 15 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 16 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 17 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!