My partner and I are heading to Kathmandu next May and we're flying via Doha. The trip is going to be our honeymoon however, apparently, a three week trek to Everest Base Camp isn't really a honeymoon so we'd like a bit of R&R afterwards. We've looked at tagging a week on in India or Thailand or somewhere but monsoon season seems to be beating us. So then we figured, what about Doha? We know nothing about the place and as a lesbian couple, we'd like to find out more about attitudes there.
Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar so will us checking in to a hotel be tricky for example? We appreciate that public displays of affection aren't a good idea, but will there be other problems?
Any advice people can give would be great.
Gay travel to Doha
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 5 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 Which Southern Africa Itinerary
- 8 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 9 Namibia road conditions
- 10 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 11 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 12 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 13 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 14 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 15 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 16 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 17 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 18 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Ebola and Morocco
- 21 Thompson Gazelle
- 22 Overland in West Africa
- 23 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 24 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 25 Morrocco and Cash