My partner and I are heading to Kathmandu next May and we're flying via Doha. The trip is going to be our honeymoon however, apparently, a three week trek to Everest Base Camp isn't really a honeymoon so we'd like a bit of R&R afterwards. We've looked at tagging a week on in India or Thailand or somewhere but monsoon season seems to be beating us. So then we figured, what about Doha? We know nothing about the place and as a lesbian couple, we'd like to find out more about attitudes there.
Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar so will us checking in to a hotel be tricky for example? We appreciate that public displays of affection aren't a good idea, but will there be other problems?
Any advice people can give would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 2 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 3 house exchange
- 4 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 5 casablanca airport taxis
- 6 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 7 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 8 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 9 Insect Repellent
- 10 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 11 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 12 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 13 Tiberias with kids
- 14 Lion World
- 15 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 16 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 19 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 20 Mpumalanga visit
- 21 safe areas to go on safari
- 22 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 23 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 24 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 25 Victoria Falls