My partner and I are heading to Kathmandu next May and we're flying via Doha. The trip is going to be our honeymoon however, apparently, a three week trek to Everest Base Camp isn't really a honeymoon so we'd like a bit of R&R afterwards. We've looked at tagging a week on in India or Thailand or somewhere but monsoon season seems to be beating us. So then we figured, what about Doha? We know nothing about the place and as a lesbian couple, we'd like to find out more about attitudes there.
Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar so will us checking in to a hotel be tricky for example? We appreciate that public displays of affection aren't a good idea, but will there be other problems?
Any advice people can give would be great.
Gay travel to Doha
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 4 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 5 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls