I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 2 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 3 Marsa Alam, Rehana Port Ghalib
- 4 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 5 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 6 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 7 Road To Morocco Tours
- 8 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 9 Safari on a budget!
- 10 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 11 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 12 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 13 HIV and AIDs
- 14 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 15 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 16 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 17 Rwanda
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 20 Zambia Impressions
- 21 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 22 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 23 Dubai trip
- 24 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 25 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda