I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tour to Morocco
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 4 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 5 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 6 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 7 South Africa trip advices
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 10 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 11 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 12 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 13 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 14 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 15 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 16 First time in Africa on safari
- 17 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 18 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014