I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 3 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 6 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 7 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 8 Tour to Morocco
- 9 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 12 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 13 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 14 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 15 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 16 Uganda again
- 17 November at victoria falls
- 18 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 19 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 20 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 21 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 22 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 23 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 24 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 25 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area