I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Novice Safari question
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Quick question about Kenya..
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 13 Morocco in April 2014
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September