I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Rwanda trip
- 2 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 3 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 4 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 5 Tel Aviv beaches
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 11 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Morocco for 2 nights
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 Sabi Sands camps
- 16 Hotels in Nairobi
- 17 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 18 Rwanda trip report
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 21 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 22 israel and petra
- 23 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Israel and Petra