I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 2 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 6 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015