I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 2 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 3 Cape Town Trip
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 6 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 7 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 8 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 9 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 10 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 11 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 12 Eilat to Petra
- 13 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 14 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 15 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 16 Safaga activités
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 19 Jordan vacation
- 20 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 21 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 22 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 23 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 24 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)