I'm in the early stages of planning this year's trip to Africa, and I'm seriously considering visiting Gabon. They have recently received much attention for setting aside a significant percentage of their country for national parks and reserves, and I have read some interesting things about Lope. I saw mountain gorillas last August in Uganda and Rwanda, and I'd like to see lowland gorillas this year, and I understand Lope is one of the best parks for this. Does anyone have any info on Gabon, Lope or lowland gorillas, or on Sao Tome since we may want to spend a few days on the beach after the safari. I certainly realize that Gabon is not on a typical safari route, but I've now been to most of the major national parks in East and South Africa and want to explore somewhere much less visited.
Gabon and Sao Tome
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 2 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 3 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 4 A family safari in Tanzania
- 5 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 6 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 7 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 10 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 11 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 12 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 13 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 14 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 15 Boutique hotels in israel
- 16 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 17 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 18 Short layover at JNB
- 19 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 20 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 22 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 23 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 24 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 25 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris