I am currently booked on an itinerary for October of this year that goes from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv, stopping over in Cairo. The first leg from Jo'burg to Cairo is on Egyptair, and the second leg from Cairo to TLV is on Air Sinai, which I understand to be a subsidiary airline of Egyptair.
I am not too concerned about the first leg of the flight, but I am slightly worried about the second leg. I'm worried about safety of 1) flying from Cairo to TLV generally, and 2) about flying that route on Air Sinai, at this time when there is considerable unrest in the area.
Anyone have any thoughts/advice/experiences? Most likely I'm just worrying unnecessarily, but wanted to consult you all.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina