I am currently booked on an itinerary for October of this year that goes from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv, stopping over in Cairo. The first leg from Jo'burg to Cairo is on Egyptair, and the second leg from Cairo to TLV is on Air Sinai, which I understand to be a subsidiary airline of Egyptair.
I am not too concerned about the first leg of the flight, but I am slightly worried about the second leg. I'm worried about safety of 1) flying from Cairo to TLV generally, and 2) about flying that route on Air Sinai, at this time when there is considerable unrest in the area.
Anyone have any thoughts/advice/experiences? Most likely I'm just worrying unnecessarily, but wanted to consult you all.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 4 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 7 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 8 Kenya/Tanzania
- 9 Dubai first time
- 10 2 nights in Dubai
- 11 16 hours in Qatar
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 14 A South African in Lusaka
- 15 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 16 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 19 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 20 Safari suggestions
- 21 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 22 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 23 Travel to Africa
- 24 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 25 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?