I am currently booked on an itinerary for October of this year that goes from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv, stopping over in Cairo. The first leg from Jo'burg to Cairo is on Egyptair, and the second leg from Cairo to TLV is on Air Sinai, which I understand to be a subsidiary airline of Egyptair.
I am not too concerned about the first leg of the flight, but I am slightly worried about the second leg. I'm worried about safety of 1) flying from Cairo to TLV generally, and 2) about flying that route on Air Sinai, at this time when there is considerable unrest in the area.
Anyone have any thoughts/advice/experiences? Most likely I'm just worrying unnecessarily, but wanted to consult you all.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 2 IRAN
- 3 First trip to Africa
- 4 Money in Uganda
- 5 Morocco help
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 9 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 10 Private Guide for Cairo
- 11 Egypt - Need Help!
- 12 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 15 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 19 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 20 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 21 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 22 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 23 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 24 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 25 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO