I am currently booked on an itinerary for October of this year that goes from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv, stopping over in Cairo. The first leg from Jo'burg to Cairo is on Egyptair, and the second leg from Cairo to TLV is on Air Sinai, which I understand to be a subsidiary airline of Egyptair.
I am not too concerned about the first leg of the flight, but I am slightly worried about the second leg. I'm worried about safety of 1) flying from Cairo to TLV generally, and 2) about flying that route on Air Sinai, at this time when there is considerable unrest in the area.
Anyone have any thoughts/advice/experiences? Most likely I'm just worrying unnecessarily, but wanted to consult you all.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 3 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 4 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Yom Hazikaron
- 7 Yom Haatzmaut
- 8 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 9 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 10 recomendation on African Safari company
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 13 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 14 One extra day in Jordan
- 15 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 16 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 17 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 18 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 19 Israel in Late October or November?
- 20 One month in Africa
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books