I am currently booked on an itinerary for October of this year that goes from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv, stopping over in Cairo. The first leg from Jo'burg to Cairo is on Egyptair, and the second leg from Cairo to TLV is on Air Sinai, which I understand to be a subsidiary airline of Egyptair.
I am not too concerned about the first leg of the flight, but I am slightly worried about the second leg. I'm worried about safety of 1) flying from Cairo to TLV generally, and 2) about flying that route on Air Sinai, at this time when there is considerable unrest in the area.
Anyone have any thoughts/advice/experiences? Most likely I'm just worrying unnecessarily, but wanted to consult you all.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Uganda Trip Report
- 4 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 5 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 9 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 Best African Safari
- 12 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 beach visit after safari
- 15 Petra Wadi Rum
- 16 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 19 What is worth seeing in November?
- 20 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 21 Israeli Tour Guides
- 22 Masai Mara in May
- 23 Western Desert Itinerary
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 luggage for a weird itinerary