My wife and I are flying from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg on SAA then transferring to Ethiopian Airlines for our flight to Kilimanjaro via Addis Ababa. We have only 1 hour and twenty minutes between arrival and departure. Is that enough time? It looks like the domestic and international terminals are right next to each other.... The SAA flight is on a De Haviland Dash 8 Turboprop; will we take our luggage onto the tarmac and pick it up on deplaning, rather than checking bags and waiting at the carousel? Is the flight to Addis Ababa likely to be full? What's outbound airport security like in Johannesburg? We're doing this on Monday, October 21st. Any info would be appreciated.
Flight Transfer Time at Johannesburg Airport
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Morroco Travel Guide
- 3 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 4 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 5 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 6 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 7 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 8 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 9 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 10 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 11 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 12 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 13 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 14 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 15 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 16 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 17 Charity begins at Home!
- 18 Sun Safaris
- 19 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 20 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 21 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 22 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 23 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 24 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 25 Tour to Morocco