What would you recommend for a group of 6 people in our 60s who have about 3 weeks -- all first-timers to Africa. Interests include animals (duh!), arts & culture, photography, cooking, local marketplaces, meeting interesting people. Comfort yes, but luxury and shopping not so much. One of us is a teacher, limiting the time we can go to mid-December-early January. We're all experienced travelers but don't have the luxury of time to arrive without plans. Would appreciate suggestions for small tour companies as well as your favorite areas to go at that time of year.
First trip to Africa in December-January
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 2 Safari on a budget!
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Tips for Israel
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 13 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 14 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 16 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 17 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 18 Rwanda
- 19 Egypt safe travel
- 20 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 21 Zambia Impressions
- 22 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Dubai trip
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!