What would you recommend for a group of 6 people in our 60s who have about 3 weeks -- all first-timers to Africa. Interests include animals (duh!), arts & culture, photography, cooking, local marketplaces, meeting interesting people. Comfort yes, but luxury and shopping not so much. One of us is a teacher, limiting the time we can go to mid-December-early January. We're all experienced travelers but don't have the luxury of time to arrive without plans. Would appreciate suggestions for small tour companies as well as your favorite areas to go at that time of year.
First trip to Africa in December-January
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 2 Shots for Morocco
- 3 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 4 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 5 Travelust
- 6 Drinking on safari
- 7 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 8 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 9 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 12 Thinking about The Gambia
- 13 Independence Day in Israel
- 14 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 15 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 16 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 17 Morroco Travel Guide
- 18 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 19 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 20 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 21 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 22 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 23 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 25 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?