This is really open-ended but my wife and I are doing our first trip to Africa from the US and I wanted to pose a question before we book our trip. We have picked out the following trip with Gap:
We are going to add 2-3 extra days in Cape Town on our own in addition to the group tour. We liked this trip because it combined different types of cities (Cape Town, Lambert's Bay, Windhoek), solitude and beautiful scenery (Namibia) and a Safari (Etosha). It sounded like a great taste of the many things Africa has to offer in one trip. We don't know if we'll ever get to go back, but hopefully we will! We're very excited about this trip and likely won't be changing our minds, but I still thought it would be fun to ask this question:
Do you think this is a good first trip to Africa (and possibly only trip) or do you think we are really missing out by not going somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.health2facts.org/beaute-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 5 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 6 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 7 israel tour
- 8 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 9 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 10 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 11 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 12 Luxury train ride
- 13 Safety in Fes
- 14 Petra from Israel
- 15 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Sim card mainly for data
- 18 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 19 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 20 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 21 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 22 Cape Town
- 23 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Travel to Cairo in July