This is really open-ended but my wife and I are doing our first trip to Africa from the US and I wanted to pose a question before we book our trip. We have picked out the following trip with Gap:
We are going to add 2-3 extra days in Cape Town on our own in addition to the group tour. We liked this trip because it combined different types of cities (Cape Town, Lambert's Bay, Windhoek), solitude and beautiful scenery (Namibia) and a Safari (Etosha). It sounded like a great taste of the many things Africa has to offer in one trip. We don't know if we'll ever get to go back, but hopefully we will! We're very excited about this trip and likely won't be changing our minds, but I still thought it would be fun to ask this question:
Do you think this is a good first trip to Africa (and possibly only trip) or do you think we are really missing out by not going somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 4 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 5 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 6 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 7 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 8 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 9 Passport pages stuck together
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 12 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 13 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 14 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 15 Duba activities - help deciding
- 16 Eilat
- 17 recommendations for AI islands
- 18 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 19 Petra from Israel
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 22 16hours transit at Doha
- 23 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates
- 24 Itinerary Input- Specifically on GR or staying longer in CT
- 25 South Africa Tour Company