This is really open-ended but my wife and I are doing our first trip to Africa from the US and I wanted to pose a question before we book our trip. We have picked out the following trip with Gap:
We are going to add 2-3 extra days in Cape Town on our own in addition to the group tour. We liked this trip because it combined different types of cities (Cape Town, Lambert's Bay, Windhoek), solitude and beautiful scenery (Namibia) and a Safari (Etosha). It sounded like a great taste of the many things Africa has to offer in one trip. We don't know if we'll ever get to go back, but hopefully we will! We're very excited about this trip and likely won't be changing our minds, but I still thought it would be fun to ask this question:
Do you think this is a good first trip to Africa (and possibly only trip) or do you think we are really missing out by not going somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementskingpro.com/zyflex/
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Dead Sea day trip
- 7 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 10 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 11 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 12 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 13 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 16 Travel to Botswana
- 17 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 20 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 21 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 22 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 23 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 24 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 25 Restaurant in Cape Town