This is really open-ended but my wife and I are doing our first trip to Africa from the US and I wanted to pose a question before we book our trip. We have picked out the following trip with Gap:
We are going to add 2-3 extra days in Cape Town on our own in addition to the group tour. We liked this trip because it combined different types of cities (Cape Town, Lambert's Bay, Windhoek), solitude and beautiful scenery (Namibia) and a Safari (Etosha). It sounded like a great taste of the many things Africa has to offer in one trip. We don't know if we'll ever get to go back, but hopefully we will! We're very excited about this trip and likely won't be changing our minds, but I still thought it would be fun to ask this question:
Do you think this is a good first trip to Africa (and possibly only trip) or do you think we are really missing out by not going somewhere else?
First Trip to Africa Advice
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 3 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 4 Safari and Beach in June
- 5 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 6 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 7 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 8 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 9 Safari Cost Comparison
- 10 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 11 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 12 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 13 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 14 My trip to Egypt .....
- 15 dubai for 5 days
- 16 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 17 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 18 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 19 Bugs n' Botswana
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 My Trip to Palestine
- 22 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 23 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 24 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 25 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses