This is really open-ended but my wife and I are doing our first trip to Africa from the US and I wanted to pose a question before we book our trip. We have picked out the following trip with Gap:
We are going to add 2-3 extra days in Cape Town on our own in addition to the group tour. We liked this trip because it combined different types of cities (Cape Town, Lambert's Bay, Windhoek), solitude and beautiful scenery (Namibia) and a Safari (Etosha). It sounded like a great taste of the many things Africa has to offer in one trip. We don't know if we'll ever get to go back, but hopefully we will! We're very excited about this trip and likely won't be changing our minds, but I still thought it would be fun to ask this question:
Do you think this is a good first trip to Africa (and possibly only trip) or do you think we are really missing out by not going somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Only 5 days in Jordan--rent a car?
- 2 Soweto tour guide recommendations?
- 3 Bed and breakfast close to joberg airport
- 4 South Africa Visa question please help!
- 5 Timing of Great Migration in Northern Serengeti
- 6 Need advise
- 7 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 8 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 9 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 10 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 11 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 12 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 13 Insect Repellent
- 14 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 15 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 16 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 17 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 18 house exchange
- 19 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 20 casablanca airport taxis
- 21 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 22 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 23 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 24 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 25 Tiberias with kids