We are in the initial planning stages for a September 2017 safari to South Africa. Our first trip to Africa was in 2006 to Kenya and Tanzania. With the generous help of the Fodor's posters we booked an amazing custom safari.
This time around there will be four adults, two will be travelling to Africa for the first time. The main purpose is to go on safari (interested in night drives, game walks) with a few days in Cape Town and a few days at a beach location to round off our 18 day SA holiday.
At this point we are trying to pull together the ‘skeleton’ and flow of the itinerary. One major issue is that all our flight connections fly into Johannesburg and in order to cut down on travel time, it looks like we will have to do the safari portion first. While we would prefer to save the safari until the end of the trip we don’t want to spend more time travelling then we have to.
This is what the itinerary looks like so far:
Day 1-2 Travel to JBG
Day 3-10 Safari 7 nights (Combination of Kruger or Sabi-Sand or Mala Mala)
Day 11- 15 Cape Town 4 nights
Day 15-18 Beach location 3 nights
Day 18 -19 Travel home
We would appreciate advice on the above itinerary. We are also looking for suggestion for beach locations.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementsguide.org/naked-king-natural/
- 2 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 3 safari for the mobility impaired
- 4 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 5 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 6 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 7 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 8 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 14 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 18 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Buying merchandise
- 24 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 25 Egypt January-February 2018