We are in the initial planning stages for a September 2017 safari to South Africa. Our first trip to Africa was in 2006 to Kenya and Tanzania. With the generous help of the Fodor's posters we booked an amazing custom safari.
This time around there will be four adults, two will be travelling to Africa for the first time. The main purpose is to go on safari (interested in night drives, game walks) with a few days in Cape Town and a few days at a beach location to round off our 18 day SA holiday.
At this point we are trying to pull together the ‘skeleton’ and flow of the itinerary. One major issue is that all our flight connections fly into Johannesburg and in order to cut down on travel time, it looks like we will have to do the safari portion first. While we would prefer to save the safari until the end of the trip we don’t want to spend more time travelling then we have to.
This is what the itinerary looks like so far:
Day 1-2 Travel to JBG
Day 3-10 Safari 7 nights (Combination of Kruger or Sabi-Sand or Mala Mala)
Day 11- 15 Cape Town 4 nights
Day 15-18 Beach location 3 nights
Day 18 -19 Travel home
We would appreciate advice on the above itinerary. We are also looking for suggestion for beach locations.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://designerworldonline.com/qugenix-rx/
- 2 IRAN
- 3 First trip to Africa
- 4 Money in Uganda
- 5 Morocco help
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 9 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 10 Private Guide for Cairo
- 11 Egypt - Need Help!
- 12 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 15 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 20 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 21 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 22 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 23 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 24 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 25 Need feedback on my itinerary