We have finally (I hope) nailed down our trip to Botswana and Zambia for September and would love to have some help regarding guides and tent locations (and any other general advice about what to expect at the places we're staying). Also, we've never made any specific requests regarding individual guides or rooms, so any advice about how to go about this (how soon, for example) would be greatly appreciated. (We are using African Adventures as our travel agent.) Anyway, we leave the US on Sept. 6 and our final itinerary looks like this:
1 night Jo'burg - InterContinental Airport Hotel
4 nights - Zarafa Camp (Old Zib)
4 nights - Savuti Camp
3 nights - Duba Plains
4 nights - Little Vumbura
4 nights - Little Mombo
3 nights - Islands of Siankaba (Zambia)
We reluctantly gave up on staying at the new &Beyond Xudum since we just haven't been able to get very good reports on the wildlife viewing. It sounds like a wonderful property, but since the wildlife is more important than the property (although we always love it when we can get both!), we replaced it with Duba Plains. Hopefully Xudum and Xarrana will be more seasoned on our next trip!
We're most interested in recommended guides and any tents to request (or to avoid). We've never stayed in a Wilderness Property before, so any advice about what to expect from them would be very helpful as well.
This itinerary has mostly been planned through the wonderful help and advice on this board....thank you so much for always being so helpful and candid.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Travel to Cairo in July
- 7 Targin into Zambia
- 8 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 9 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 12 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 15 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 16 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 17 Passport question for International flight
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Tour operator near me
- 20 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 23 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 24 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 25 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?