We have finally (I hope) nailed down our trip to Botswana and Zambia for September and would love to have some help regarding guides and tent locations (and any other general advice about what to expect at the places we're staying). Also, we've never made any specific requests regarding individual guides or rooms, so any advice about how to go about this (how soon, for example) would be greatly appreciated. (We are using African Adventures as our travel agent.) Anyway, we leave the US on Sept. 6 and our final itinerary looks like this:
1 night Jo'burg - InterContinental Airport Hotel
4 nights - Zarafa Camp (Old Zib)
4 nights - Savuti Camp
3 nights - Duba Plains
4 nights - Little Vumbura
4 nights - Little Mombo
3 nights - Islands of Siankaba (Zambia)
We reluctantly gave up on staying at the new &Beyond Xudum since we just haven't been able to get very good reports on the wildlife viewing. It sounds like a wonderful property, but since the wildlife is more important than the property (although we always love it when we can get both!), we replaced it with Duba Plains. Hopefully Xudum and Xarrana will be more seasoned on our next trip!
We're most interested in recommended guides and any tents to request (or to avoid). We've never stayed in a Wilderness Property before, so any advice about what to expect from them would be very helpful as well.
This itinerary has mostly been planned through the wonderful help and advice on this board....thank you so much for always being so helpful and candid.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 full~HD.watch The Walking Dead©
- 2 Best African Safari
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 7 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 8 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 9 What is worth seeing in November?
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 12 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 Israeli Tour Guides
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Masai Mara in May
- 18 Western Desert Itinerary
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 21 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 22 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 23 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 24 Trip to Merzouga
- 25 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park