We have finally (I hope) nailed down our trip to Botswana and Zambia for September and would love to have some help regarding guides and tent locations (and any other general advice about what to expect at the places we're staying). Also, we've never made any specific requests regarding individual guides or rooms, so any advice about how to go about this (how soon, for example) would be greatly appreciated. (We are using African Adventures as our travel agent.) Anyway, we leave the US on Sept. 6 and our final itinerary looks like this:
1 night Jo'burg - InterContinental Airport Hotel
4 nights - Zarafa Camp (Old Zib)
4 nights - Savuti Camp
3 nights - Duba Plains
4 nights - Little Vumbura
4 nights - Little Mombo
3 nights - Islands of Siankaba (Zambia)
We reluctantly gave up on staying at the new &Beyond Xudum since we just haven't been able to get very good reports on the wildlife viewing. It sounds like a wonderful property, but since the wildlife is more important than the property (although we always love it when we can get both!), we replaced it with Duba Plains. Hopefully Xudum and Xarrana will be more seasoned on our next trip!
We're most interested in recommended guides and any tents to request (or to avoid). We've never stayed in a Wilderness Property before, so any advice about what to expect from them would be very helpful as well.
This itinerary has mostly been planned through the wonderful help and advice on this board....thank you so much for always being so helpful and candid.
Finalized itinerary to Botswana - need help with details
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 2 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 3 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 4 Israel and Petra
- 5 Morocco for 2 nights
- 6 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 7 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 8 Magnificant Morocco
- 9 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 10 Hotels in Nairobi
- 11 israel and petra
- 12 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 13 Memory cards for camera
- 14 World Travel Expert
- 15 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 16 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 20 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 21 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 22 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 23 Uganda Trip Report May 2012
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Tanzania Visa on Arrival requirements?