We have finally (I hope) nailed down our trip to Botswana and Zambia for September and would love to have some help regarding guides and tent locations (and any other general advice about what to expect at the places we're staying). Also, we've never made any specific requests regarding individual guides or rooms, so any advice about how to go about this (how soon, for example) would be greatly appreciated. (We are using African Adventures as our travel agent.) Anyway, we leave the US on Sept. 6 and our final itinerary looks like this:
1 night Jo'burg - InterContinental Airport Hotel
4 nights - Zarafa Camp (Old Zib)
4 nights - Savuti Camp
3 nights - Duba Plains
4 nights - Little Vumbura
4 nights - Little Mombo
3 nights - Islands of Siankaba (Zambia)
We reluctantly gave up on staying at the new &Beyond Xudum since we just haven't been able to get very good reports on the wildlife viewing. It sounds like a wonderful property, but since the wildlife is more important than the property (although we always love it when we can get both!), we replaced it with Duba Plains. Hopefully Xudum and Xarrana will be more seasoned on our next trip!
We're most interested in recommended guides and any tents to request (or to avoid). We've never stayed in a Wilderness Property before, so any advice about what to expect from them would be very helpful as well.
This itinerary has mostly been planned through the wonderful help and advice on this board....thank you so much for always being so helpful and candid.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 2 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Buying merchandise
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 11 Egypt January-February 2018
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 safari for the mobility impaired
- 14 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 15 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 16 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 17 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 18 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 19 Dining in Cape Town
- 20 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 21 Dubai plan
- 22 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 23 Israel with kids in August
- 24 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 25 Iran in May