We have finally (I hope) nailed down our trip to Botswana and Zambia for September and would love to have some help regarding guides and tent locations (and any other general advice about what to expect at the places we're staying). Also, we've never made any specific requests regarding individual guides or rooms, so any advice about how to go about this (how soon, for example) would be greatly appreciated. (We are using African Adventures as our travel agent.) Anyway, we leave the US on Sept. 6 and our final itinerary looks like this:
1 night Jo'burg - InterContinental Airport Hotel
4 nights - Zarafa Camp (Old Zib)
4 nights - Savuti Camp
3 nights - Duba Plains
4 nights - Little Vumbura
4 nights - Little Mombo
3 nights - Islands of Siankaba (Zambia)
We reluctantly gave up on staying at the new &Beyond Xudum since we just haven't been able to get very good reports on the wildlife viewing. It sounds like a wonderful property, but since the wildlife is more important than the property (although we always love it when we can get both!), we replaced it with Duba Plains. Hopefully Xudum and Xarrana will be more seasoned on our next trip!
We're most interested in recommended guides and any tents to request (or to avoid). We've never stayed in a Wilderness Property before, so any advice about what to expect from them would be very helpful as well.
This itinerary has mostly been planned through the wonderful help and advice on this board....thank you so much for always being so helpful and candid.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town -safety
- 2 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 3 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 4 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 5 Trip to Merzouga
- 6 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 7 Swaziland in January
- 8 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 15 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 16 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 17 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 18 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 19 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 20 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 21 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 22 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 23 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 24 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 25 Are Detour Africa's safaris good??