4 of us (in late 30ties, active, outdoorsy type) are thinking about going to Safari in Kenya for $3,299 through Lion World Tours on Oct for 8 nights. Is it a good itinerary/ deal? We've never been to safari before and are looking for the best experience/ value.
Oct 19: fly from LAX to DC (not included in $3,299)
Oct 20: Fly from Washington DC to Nairobi via Addis Ababa.
Oct 21: Nairobi - Stay 1 night at Nairobi Serena Hotel
Oct 22-24: Lake Elmenteita (1st day) and Lake Nakuru Lodge (2nd day) - Stay at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Oct 25-27: Maasai Mara National Reserve – stay at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Oct 27: Departure - go to Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and fly through Rome, Italy to Washington
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Alexandria
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Dubai in 36 hours
- 4 good internet connection option Meknes
- 5 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 6 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 7 South Africa trip report
- 8 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 9 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 12 Mombasa recomendations please
- 13 Private tours in Morocco
- 14 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 15 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 16 First time to Africa-need help!
- 17 How do I know if a company is legit
- 18 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 19 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 22 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 23 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 24 Ethiopian security
- 25 Duffel Bag Suggestions?