4 of us (in late 30ties, active, outdoorsy type) are thinking about going to Safari in Kenya for $3,299 through Lion World Tours on Oct for 8 nights. Is it a good itinerary/ deal? We've never been to safari before and are looking for the best experience/ value.
Oct 19: fly from LAX to DC (not included in $3,299)
Oct 20: Fly from Washington DC to Nairobi via Addis Ababa.
Oct 21: Nairobi - Stay 1 night at Nairobi Serena Hotel
Oct 22-24: Lake Elmenteita (1st day) and Lake Nakuru Lodge (2nd day) - Stay at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Oct 25-27: Maasai Mara National Reserve – stay at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Oct 27: Departure - go to Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and fly through Rome, Italy to Washington
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Cairo International Airport
- 4 Petra from Israel
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 7 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 12 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 13 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 16 Dubai Guide
- 17 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 20 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 23 Alexandria
- 24 kicheche compared to porini
- 25 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya