4 of us (in late 30ties, active, outdoorsy type) are thinking about going to Safari in Kenya for $3,299 through Lion World Tours on Oct for 8 nights. Is it a good itinerary/ deal? We've never been to safari before and are looking for the best experience/ value.
Oct 19: fly from LAX to DC (not included in $3,299)
Oct 20: Fly from Washington DC to Nairobi via Addis Ababa.
Oct 21: Nairobi - Stay 1 night at Nairobi Serena Hotel
Oct 22-24: Lake Elmenteita (1st day) and Lake Nakuru Lodge (2nd day) - Stay at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Oct 25-27: Maasai Mara National Reserve – stay at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Oct 27: Departure - go to Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and fly through Rome, Italy to Washington
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The Top Ten Places to Visit in South Africa
- 2 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 8 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 9 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Safari in South Africa
- 12 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 13 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 14 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 17 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 18 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 19 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 20 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 21 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 22 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 23 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 24 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 25 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators