4 of us (in late 30ties, active, outdoorsy type) are thinking about going to Safari in Kenya for $3,299 through Lion World Tours on Oct for 8 nights. Is it a good itinerary/ deal? We've never been to safari before and are looking for the best experience/ value.
Oct 19: fly from LAX to DC (not included in $3,299)
Oct 20: Fly from Washington DC to Nairobi via Addis Ababa.
Oct 21: Nairobi - Stay 1 night at Nairobi Serena Hotel
Oct 22-24: Lake Elmenteita (1st day) and Lake Nakuru Lodge (2nd day) - Stay at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Oct 25-27: Maasai Mara National Reserve – stay at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Oct 27: Departure - go to Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and fly through Rome, Italy to Washington
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 Egypt January-February 2018
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?