4 of us (in late 30ties, active, outdoorsy type) are thinking about going to Safari in Kenya for $3,299 through Lion World Tours on Oct for 8 nights. Is it a good itinerary/ deal? We've never been to safari before and are looking for the best experience/ value.
Oct 19: fly from LAX to DC (not included in $3,299)
Oct 20: Fly from Washington DC to Nairobi via Addis Ababa.
Oct 21: Nairobi - Stay 1 night at Nairobi Serena Hotel
Oct 22-24: Lake Elmenteita (1st day) and Lake Nakuru Lodge (2nd day) - Stay at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp
Oct 25-27: Maasai Mara National Reserve – stay at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Oct 27: Departure - go to Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and fly through Rome, Italy to Washington
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 2 What is worth seeing in November?
- 3 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 6 Masai Mara in May
- 7 Western Desert Itinerary
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 10 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 11 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 12 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 13 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 14 Trip to Merzouga
- 15 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 16 Uganda Visa
- 17 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 18 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 19 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 20 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 21 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 22 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 23 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 24 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 25 Amazing Kenya - a must visit