Long story short...we'd been planning on India for 2 weeks end of February with friends. Change in plans as friends need to postpone that trip and it turns out we have fewer nights than originally thought due to DH's work schedule. We've switched gears and made a crazy last minute decison to go to Tanzania. I've been to South Africa twice, but DH has never been to Africa. We are very excited.
Want upscale experience but not necessarily top deluxe in every place. Like good food and service. Want a diversity of experience...mix of lodge, mobile, permament tented. Excellent guides a must. Would love opportunituy for a walking safari and/or night drive. I understand some areas can get crowded but would like to avoid mobs as much as possible. I was definitely spoiled in Sabi area (Londolozi and Lion Sands) and would like to avoid a huge number of vehicles around every sighting.
As we are a bit late in booking and need to wrap this up quickly it looks like we have a couple of choices to make. Fast.
Will be on the ground for 9 nights. One night near Arusha for flight.
Choices to make based on availability and my requests/interests:
1. Manyara Ranch Conservancy OR Swala in Tarangire. Looks like Manyara may be best this time of year? Preference between the two? Both properties seem great, but locations different. Leaning towards Manyara Ranch.
2. For Crater area: Lemala Ngorongoro OR Exploreans? Lemala N seems to be getting some mixed reviews, but I like the location and access to crater. Exploreans looks and sounds gorgeous and comfortable with good food. Pretty setting. But about a km from park entrance.
3. 2 nights Lemala Ndutu and 2 nights Kusini or all 4 nights at Lemala Ndutu? Don't like to move too much, but leaning towards 2n/2n combo. Thoughts?
Thanks for any input you may have. Availabilty is very tight so I am trying to make some decisions quickly. Cheers!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://myevent.com/toplika
- 2 Cape Town -safety
- 3 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 4 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 5 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 6 Trip to Merzouga
- 7 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 8 Swaziland in January
- 9 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 10 good internet connection option Meknes
- 11 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 12 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 13 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 16 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 17 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 18 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 19 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 22 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 23 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 24 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 25 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
Feb 2013 - Please help me choose among accommodation options