Long story short...we'd been planning on India for 2 weeks end of February with friends. Change in plans as friends need to postpone that trip and it turns out we have fewer nights than originally thought due to DH's work schedule. We've switched gears and made a crazy last minute decison to go to Tanzania. I've been to South Africa twice, but DH has never been to Africa. We are very excited.
Want upscale experience but not necessarily top deluxe in every place. Like good food and service. Want a diversity of experience...mix of lodge, mobile, permament tented. Excellent guides a must. Would love opportunituy for a walking safari and/or night drive. I understand some areas can get crowded but would like to avoid mobs as much as possible. I was definitely spoiled in Sabi area (Londolozi and Lion Sands) and would like to avoid a huge number of vehicles around every sighting.
As we are a bit late in booking and need to wrap this up quickly it looks like we have a couple of choices to make. Fast.
Will be on the ground for 9 nights. One night near Arusha for flight.
Choices to make based on availability and my requests/interests:
1. Manyara Ranch Conservancy OR Swala in Tarangire. Looks like Manyara may be best this time of year? Preference between the two? Both properties seem great, but locations different. Leaning towards Manyara Ranch.
2. For Crater area: Lemala Ngorongoro OR Exploreans? Lemala N seems to be getting some mixed reviews, but I like the location and access to crater. Exploreans looks and sounds gorgeous and comfortable with good food. Pretty setting. But about a km from park entrance.
3. 2 nights Lemala Ndutu and 2 nights Kusini or all 4 nights at Lemala Ndutu? Don't like to move too much, but leaning towards 2n/2n combo. Thoughts?
Thanks for any input you may have. Availabilty is very tight so I am trying to make some decisions quickly. Cheers!!
Feb 2013 - Please help me choose among accommodation options
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Advice
- 2 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 3 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 3-week tour at Egypt
- 8 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 18 I'm going on safari for free!
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 22 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 23 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 24 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 25 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions