Long story short...we'd been planning on India for 2 weeks end of February with friends. Change in plans as friends need to postpone that trip and it turns out we have fewer nights than originally thought due to DH's work schedule. We've switched gears and made a crazy last minute decison to go to Tanzania. I've been to South Africa twice, but DH has never been to Africa. We are very excited.
Want upscale experience but not necessarily top deluxe in every place. Like good food and service. Want a diversity of experience...mix of lodge, mobile, permament tented. Excellent guides a must. Would love opportunituy for a walking safari and/or night drive. I understand some areas can get crowded but would like to avoid mobs as much as possible. I was definitely spoiled in Sabi area (Londolozi and Lion Sands) and would like to avoid a huge number of vehicles around every sighting.
As we are a bit late in booking and need to wrap this up quickly it looks like we have a couple of choices to make. Fast.
Will be on the ground for 9 nights. One night near Arusha for flight.
Choices to make based on availability and my requests/interests:
1. Manyara Ranch Conservancy OR Swala in Tarangire. Looks like Manyara may be best this time of year? Preference between the two? Both properties seem great, but locations different. Leaning towards Manyara Ranch.
2. For Crater area: Lemala Ngorongoro OR Exploreans? Lemala N seems to be getting some mixed reviews, but I like the location and access to crater. Exploreans looks and sounds gorgeous and comfortable with good food. Pretty setting. But about a km from park entrance.
3. 2 nights Lemala Ndutu and 2 nights Kusini or all 4 nights at Lemala Ndutu? Don't like to move too much, but leaning towards 2n/2n combo. Thoughts?
Thanks for any input you may have. Availabilty is very tight so I am trying to make some decisions quickly. Cheers!!
Feb 2013 - Please help me choose among accommodation options
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A Helping Hand in Tofo, Mozambique
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Small group tours in israel
- 4 Boutique hotels in israel
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 7 Egypt safe travel
- 8 how can I go to Iran ?
- 9 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 10 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 11 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 12 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 13 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 14 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 15 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 16 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 17 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 18 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 19 what kind of phone
- 20 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 21 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 22 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 23 Iran Info, Please
- 24 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 25 Safari on a budget!