We were the family of nine, 5 children, 6,8,9,11,13, two mothers, one husband and one fabulous Grandmother. Well we are back from Tanzania and had a spectacular time!! The best trip My husband and I have ever been on. First off, we used Green Footprints, they were wonderful. Our guides, Alex and Makuru, were incredible with our children. They were smart, knowledgable, patient, flexible, and soon became a part of our family. We did Arusha N.P, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, the Crater, then flew to Sayari camp in the Serengeti and then 2 days in Zanzibar. We stayed at Kigongoni lodge, Tarangire Safari lodge (which we loved for the great view, gathering area, food) Eunoto, which was beautiful, great service, masaii run, Plantation, excellent food, beautiful garden house that fit all nine of us, we actually had our own house, and then Sayari, which was also incredible, waking up to Zebra and Wildebeast grazing next to our tents. We found the Tanzanian people to be extremely warm, friendly. We visited and toured a couple of schools, which was so special for our kids to meet other children. Our kids showed them how to play some clapping games and they all joined in. If anyone has any question about taking children, I would say, DO IT!! Our kids loved it. Green Footprints had enough activities, bike riding, canoing, night game drive, bush dinners, to break up the pace. We loved Tanzania and are thinking about another trip in a couple of years.
family of 9, back from Tanzania!
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 2 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 3 Bubonic plaque
- 4 Safari and Beach in June
- 5 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 6 Safari Cost Comparison
- 7 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 8 Help! First African safari!!!
- 9 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 12 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 13 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 16 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 17 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 18 My trip to Egypt .....
- 19 dubai for 5 days
- 20 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Bugs n' Botswana
- 24 Group Trip to Israel
- 25 My Trip to Palestine