We were the family of nine, 5 children, 6,8,9,11,13, two mothers, one husband and one fabulous Grandmother. Well we are back from Tanzania and had a spectacular time!! The best trip My husband and I have ever been on. First off, we used Green Footprints, they were wonderful. Our guides, Alex and Makuru, were incredible with our children. They were smart, knowledgable, patient, flexible, and soon became a part of our family. We did Arusha N.P, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, the Crater, then flew to Sayari camp in the Serengeti and then 2 days in Zanzibar. We stayed at Kigongoni lodge, Tarangire Safari lodge (which we loved for the great view, gathering area, food) Eunoto, which was beautiful, great service, masaii run, Plantation, excellent food, beautiful garden house that fit all nine of us, we actually had our own house, and then Sayari, which was also incredible, waking up to Zebra and Wildebeast grazing next to our tents. We found the Tanzanian people to be extremely warm, friendly. We visited and toured a couple of schools, which was so special for our kids to meet other children. Our kids showed them how to play some clapping games and they all joined in. If anyone has any question about taking children, I would say, DO IT!! Our kids loved it. Green Footprints had enough activities, bike riding, canoing, night game drive, bush dinners, to break up the pace. We loved Tanzania and are thinking about another trip in a couple of years.
family of 9, back from Tanzania!
- 1 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 2 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 3 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 4 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 7 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 8 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 9 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 10 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 11 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 12 Africa Safari
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 15 Kruger Park trip
- 16 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 17 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 18 phone service
- 19 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 20 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 21 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 22 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 23 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 24 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 25 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip