We were the family of nine, 5 children, 6,8,9,11,13, two mothers, one husband and one fabulous Grandmother. Well we are back from Tanzania and had a spectacular time!! The best trip My husband and I have ever been on. First off, we used Green Footprints, they were wonderful. Our guides, Alex and Makuru, were incredible with our children. They were smart, knowledgable, patient, flexible, and soon became a part of our family. We did Arusha N.P, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, the Crater, then flew to Sayari camp in the Serengeti and then 2 days in Zanzibar. We stayed at Kigongoni lodge, Tarangire Safari lodge (which we loved for the great view, gathering area, food) Eunoto, which was beautiful, great service, masaii run, Plantation, excellent food, beautiful garden house that fit all nine of us, we actually had our own house, and then Sayari, which was also incredible, waking up to Zebra and Wildebeast grazing next to our tents. We found the Tanzanian people to be extremely warm, friendly. We visited and toured a couple of schools, which was so special for our kids to meet other children. Our kids showed them how to play some clapping games and they all joined in. If anyone has any question about taking children, I would say, DO IT!! Our kids loved it. Green Footprints had enough activities, bike riding, canoing, night game drive, bush dinners, to break up the pace. We loved Tanzania and are thinking about another trip in a couple of years.
family of 9, back from Tanzania!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 4 South Africa in February?
- 5 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 6 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 7 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 8 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 9 Dubai first time
- 10 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 11 Zambia Impressions
- 12 Taste of Dubai
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 15 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 18 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 19 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 20 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 25 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb