I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travelust
- 2 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 3 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 4 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 5 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 6 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Drinking on safari
- 9 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 10 Thinking about The Gambia
- 11 Independence Day in Israel
- 12 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 13 Shots for Morocco
- 14 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 15 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 16 Morroco Travel Guide
- 17 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 18 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 19 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 20 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 21 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 22 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?
- 25 Shongololo Express. The Southern Cross Adventure