I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 2 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 3 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 6 Israeli Tour Guides
- 7 What is worth seeing in November?
- 8 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 9 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 10 Masai Mara in May
- 11 Western Desert Itinerary
- 12 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 13 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 14 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 15 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 16 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 17 Trip to Merzouga
- 18 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 19 Uganda Visa
- 20 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 21 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 22 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 23 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 24 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 25 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February