I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 2 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 3 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 4 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 9 Safari on a budget!
- 10 Tips for Israel
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 13 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 14 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 15 Road To Morocco Tours
- 16 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 17 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 18 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 19 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 20 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 21 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 22 Rwanda
- 23 Egypt safe travel
- 24 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 25 Zambia Impressions