I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 2 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 3 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 4 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 5 Road To Morocco Tours
- 6 Magnificant Morocco
- 7 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 8 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 9 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 10 Africa Film Festival
- 11 Is the migration early this year
- 12 Roar Africa reviews
- 13 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 14 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 15 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 16 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 17 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 18 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 19 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 20 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 21 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 22 Pulse Africa???
- 23 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 24 Safari luggage
- 25 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February