I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SA itin review
- 2 Botswana safari in late November
- 3 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 4 Tipping on Safari
- 5 Ferry to Morocco
- 6 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 7 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 8 Cape Town -safety
- 9 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 10 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 11 Widerness Lodges
- 12 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 15 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 17 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 18 Lodge Feedback
- 19 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 20 Driving in South Africa
- 21 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 22 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 23 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times
- 24 Cape Town and Safari trip report
- 25 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February