I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 2 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 3 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 6 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 7 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 8 Yom Hazikaron
- 9 Yom Haatzmaut
- 10 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 recomendation on African Safari company
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 21 Israel in Late October or November?
- 22 One month in Africa
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 25 Travel to Saudi Arabia
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February