I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 4 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 5 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 6 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 7 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 8 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 9 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 10 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 11 Uganda Visa
- 12 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 13 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Fes or Marrakech?
- 16 Transfer at JNB airport
- 17 Egypt - Need Help!
- 18 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 19 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 20 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 21 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 22 Adapter Plugs
- 23 NYE in Marrakech
- 24 Dead Sea
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February