I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 2 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 3 Mauritius info request please
- 4 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 5 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 6 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 7 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 8 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 9 WiFi on Safari
- 10 Travel within Africa
- 11 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 12 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 13 Israel itinerary planning
- 14 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 15 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 16 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 17 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 18 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 19 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 20 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 21 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 22 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 23 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 24 Need itineary planning help
- 25 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February