I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger
- 2 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 3 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 8 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 12 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 15 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 16 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 17 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 18 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 19 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 22 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 23 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants