I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 13 nights in Morocco-itinerary help please
- 2 First Trip to Africa
- 3 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 6 Morocco in October 2015
- 7 Remembering Palmyra
- 8 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 9 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 10 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 11 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 12 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 13 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 14 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 15 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 16 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 17 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 18 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 19 Transit visa
- 20 Local Tanzania companies
- 21 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands
- 22 Need itineary planning help
- 23 Israel for 60 year olds
- 24 Dubai Trip Idea
- 25 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February