I will be in both Namibia and Zimbabwe in February. I am going independantly and my planned itinerary allows for either 3 days in Etosha National Park, Namibia OR 3 days in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe.
I understand that Etosha might be very hot, whereas Hwange may be fairly wet and have less game visibility due to plant growth.
If I go to Etosha I will be self-driving, whereas in Hwange I'll probably be staying at one of the private lodges (with safari included)
I would be interested in knowing which of the two people recommend for viewing animals at this time of year, as well as best overall experience.
Etosha National Park, Namibia vs Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe in February
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A tale of Adventure!!
- 2 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 3 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Good reads
- 6 Jordan tour operator !!
- 7 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 8 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 Morocco Advice
- 11 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 12 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 13 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 14 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 15 3-week tour at Egypt
- 16 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 17 Beirut
- 18 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 23 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 24 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015