I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Tips for Israel
- 4 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 5 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 6 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 7 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 8 Road To Morocco Tours
- 9 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 10 Safari on a budget!
- 11 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 12 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 13 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 14 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 15 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 16 Rwanda
- 17 Egypt safe travel
- 18 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 19 Zambia Impressions
- 20 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 21 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 22 Dubai trip
- 23 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 24 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 25 Honeymoon itinerary Spain&Morocco