I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 3 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 4 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 5 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 6 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 7 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 8 Questions about Chobe
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 11 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 12 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 13 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 14 To go to Israel or not?
- 15 Bidair at JNB
- 16 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 17 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 18 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 19 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 20 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 21 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 22 Dubai > Oman?
- 23 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 24 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 25 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara