I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town Safety?
- 2 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 3 first time family safari in August 2014
- 4 Sabi Sands camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 7 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 8 Help with Rwanda trip
- 9 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 10 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 11 Tel Aviv beaches
- 12 Memory cards for camera
- 13 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 16 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 17 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 18 Morocco for 2 nights
- 19 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 20 Hotels in Nairobi
- 21 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 22 Rwanda trip report
- 23 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 24 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 25 Petra in August, Petra by Night?