I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 10 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 13 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 14 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 15 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 16 Uganda Travel Planning
- 17 Israel and Jordan
- 18 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 19 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 22 Northern Circuit tour company
- 23 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 24 Oman Trip Report
- 25 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion