I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Taste of Dubai
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 5 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 6 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 7 Zambia Impressions
- 8 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 9 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour