I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 3 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 4 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 what kind of phone
- 7 Small group tours in israel
- 8 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 9 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 10 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 11 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 12 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 13 Iran Info, Please
- 14 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 15 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 16 fez accommodation
- 17 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 22 Johannesburg...?
- 23 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 24 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 25 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs