I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 2 THE GREAT WILDE BEEST MIGRATION IN KENYA
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???