I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
- 1 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 2 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 3 Africa Safari
- 4 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 5 Morocco - private tour operators
- 6 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 7 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 8 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 9 Kruger Park trip
- 10 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 11 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 12 phone service
- 13 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 14 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 19 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 20 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 21 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 22 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 23 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 24 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 25 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012