I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan tour operator !!
- 2 A tale of Adventure!!
- 3 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 4 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 5 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 6 Good reads
- 7 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 8 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 Morocco Advice
- 11 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 12 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 13 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 14 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 15 3-week tour at Egypt
- 16 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 17 Beirut
- 18 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 23 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 24 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015