I have noticed a number of enquiries regarding Etosha national park in Namibia. I have been twice to Etosha, staying a total of 5 weeks in the Park. Three of these weeks I stayed at the Okaukuejo rest camp. First I must say I loved the park, as there are large numbers of game animals, and during the dry season, the lack of foliage and undergrowth is ideal for photography. But Etosha has a significant restriction in that there is no off road driving allowed, which means photographically you can't get into an ideal position if the predators are hunting. In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Okaukuejo, which has a water hole that is illuminated at night. I have provided an illustrated article on Etosha and some of my favorite waterholes, at http://www.artphototravel.net/africa/etosha/ which includes maps and images to provide background and help with planning.
Etosha Game Park Safari, Namibia.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 2 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 3 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 4 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 5 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 6 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 7 Cape Town Trip
- 8 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 9 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 10 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 11 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 12 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 13 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 14 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 15 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 16 Eilat to Petra
- 17 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 18 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 19 Safaga activités
- 20 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 21 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 22 Jordan vacation
- 23 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 24 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 25 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?