I’m planning a solo, month-long trip to Ethiopia, trying to see as much as possible!
No concrete plans, yet…
It has to depend on costs…
I read in various postings, very contradicting prices for similar (?) tours.
Trying to make it in a rather budget cost (maybe 20-30 euro/day without package, and if doable, 10 e more for tour packages?).
I wonder first, which places of the country worths to visit by public transport (and do some day-trips around) so to manage some good sightseeing without package tours there...
besides that, it seems that it is necessary to book tours (eg for Omo) but the costs vary big money.
Maybe for some agencies, it is because of higher level of service, but for others, could they also be inflated prices for 'dummy tourists'?
It would be great if it was enough to spend a couple of days in Addis Ababa and manage to book good value tours. Do you think this is the case?
Or maybe needs more time for in depth research...?
Any recommendations, experiences, costs, would help a lot guys!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 beach visit after safari
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Petra Wadi Rum
- 9 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 12 What is worth seeing in November?
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Masai Mara in May
- 19 Western Desert Itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 22 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 23 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 24 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 25 Trip to Merzouga