I’m planning a solo, month-long trip to Ethiopia, trying to see as much as possible!
No concrete plans, yet…
It has to depend on costs…
I read in various postings, very contradicting prices for similar (?) tours.
Trying to make it in a rather budget cost (maybe 20-30 euro/day without package, and if doable, 10 e more for tour packages?).
I wonder first, which places of the country worths to visit by public transport (and do some day-trips around) so to manage some good sightseeing without package tours there...
besides that, it seems that it is necessary to book tours (eg for Omo) but the costs vary big money.
Maybe for some agencies, it is because of higher level of service, but for others, could they also be inflated prices for 'dummy tourists'?
It would be great if it was enough to spend a couple of days in Addis Ababa and manage to book good value tours. Do you think this is the case?
Or maybe needs more time for in depth research...?
Any recommendations, experiences, costs, would help a lot guys!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 2 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 3 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 4 HELP WITH TOURS FROM EILAT TO PETRA
- 5 Uganda Visa
- 6 Uganda Trip Report
- 7 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 8 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 9 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 10 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 11 Trip to Petra
- 12 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 13 Cape Town -safety
- 14 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 15 Trip to Merzouga
- 16 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 17 Swaziland in January
- 18 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 19 good internet connection option Meknes
- 20 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 21 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 22 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 23 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 24 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 25 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari