I’m planning a solo, month-long trip to Ethiopia, trying to see as much as possible!
No concrete plans, yet…
It has to depend on costs…
I read in various postings, very contradicting prices for similar (?) tours.
Trying to make it in a rather budget cost (maybe 20-30 euro/day without package, and if doable, 10 e more for tour packages?).
I wonder first, which places of the country worths to visit by public transport (and do some day-trips around) so to manage some good sightseeing without package tours there...
besides that, it seems that it is necessary to book tours (eg for Omo) but the costs vary big money.
Maybe for some agencies, it is because of higher level of service, but for others, could they also be inflated prices for 'dummy tourists'?
It would be great if it was enough to spend a couple of days in Addis Ababa and manage to book good value tours. Do you think this is the case?
Or maybe needs more time for in depth research...?
Any recommendations, experiences, costs, would help a lot guys!
Ethiopia arrangements on the spot, without scam prices ?
- 1 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 2 Group Trip to Israel
- 3 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 4 Bugs n' Botswana
- 5 My Trip to Palestine
- 6 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 7 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 8 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 9 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 10 My trip to Egypt .....
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 13 Safari and Beach in June
- 14 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 15 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 16 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 17 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 18 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 21 Homestay Accomodation
- 22 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 23 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 24 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 25 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2