My husband and I ( in 60's ) want to do a 10 day trip in Ethiopia visiting tribes people and then about 10 days in Namibia visiting the sand dunes .
We do not want to travel by light planes as get claustrophobic so wonder if anyone has done driving trips and what itinerary and distances are involved,
We have travelled through Botwana , Rwanda Kenya so have done quite a few safari's and are looking for something different to experience. Also which would be the best time of year to go to avoid too hot or wet weather times.
Any advice appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Trip to Africa
- 2 22 Days at 4 Camps in Southern Tanzania - Ruaha and Selous
- 3 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 4 13 nights in Morocco-itinerary help please
- 5 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 8 Morocco in October 2015
- 9 Remembering Palmyra
- 10 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 11 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 12 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 13 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 14 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 15 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 16 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 17 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 18 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 19 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 20 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 21 Transit visa
- 22 Local Tanzania companies
- 23 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands
- 24 Need itineary planning help
- 25 Israel for 60 year olds