wondered if anyone has any experiance of Entebbe zoo? Its actually a wildlife centre, run by Ugandan Wildlife Education Centre, UWEC, the people who run Ngamba Island Chimpanzee sanctuary. It sounds serious, well run & worthy of visit. Is it?
I see they also have accomodation. They have a handful of bandas for $20 a night. For Entebbe, with lions roaring at night, it sounds idilic - anyone any experiance of safety, quality, the 'experiance'?
We have several days in Entebbe before our tour begins, and are looking for some chillin' time, with accomodation where we can kick back. I expect we'll spend much of the day in the zoo, or botanincal gardens, or pool. Any other recommendations? We were thinking of going to Ngamba island for accomodation(we won't have the health checks for the forest walks) - does that sound a good idea?
All comments welcome & appreciated.
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Bugs n' Botswana
- 5 Safari Cost Comparison
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Group Trip to Israel
- 8 My Trip to Palestine
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia