wondered if anyone has any experiance of Entebbe zoo? Its actually a wildlife centre, run by Ugandan Wildlife Education Centre, UWEC, the people who run Ngamba Island Chimpanzee sanctuary. It sounds serious, well run & worthy of visit. Is it?
I see they also have accomodation. They have a handful of bandas for $20 a night. For Entebbe, with lions roaring at night, it sounds idilic - anyone any experiance of safety, quality, the 'experiance'?
We have several days in Entebbe before our tour begins, and are looking for some chillin' time, with accomodation where we can kick back. I expect we'll spend much of the day in the zoo, or botanincal gardens, or pool. Any other recommendations? We were thinking of going to Ngamba island for accomodation(we won't have the health checks for the forest walks) - does that sound a good idea?
All comments welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 2 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 5 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 8 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 9 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 israel tour
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 14 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 15 Luxury train ride
- 16 Safety in Fes
- 17 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 24 Cape Town
- 25 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst