wondered if anyone has any experiance of Entebbe zoo? Its actually a wildlife centre, run by Ugandan Wildlife Education Centre, UWEC, the people who run Ngamba Island Chimpanzee sanctuary. It sounds serious, well run & worthy of visit. Is it?
I see they also have accomodation. They have a handful of bandas for $20 a night. For Entebbe, with lions roaring at night, it sounds idilic - anyone any experiance of safety, quality, the 'experiance'?
We have several days in Entebbe before our tour begins, and are looking for some chillin' time, with accomodation where we can kick back. I expect we'll spend much of the day in the zoo, or botanincal gardens, or pool. Any other recommendations? We were thinking of going to Ngamba island for accomodation(we won't have the health checks for the forest walks) - does that sound a good idea?
All comments welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 UFC Fight Night Maia vs Condit Live Stream
- 2 tours in Johannesburg
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 Viator tour company
- 6 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 7 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 8 South African Cities
- 9 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 10 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 11 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 12 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 13 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 14 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 15 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 18 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 19 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 Help with bags
- 22 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 23 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 24 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 25 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help