wondered if anyone has any experiance of Entebbe zoo? Its actually a wildlife centre, run by Ugandan Wildlife Education Centre, UWEC, the people who run Ngamba Island Chimpanzee sanctuary. It sounds serious, well run & worthy of visit. Is it?
I see they also have accomodation. They have a handful of bandas for $20 a night. For Entebbe, with lions roaring at night, it sounds idilic - anyone any experiance of safety, quality, the 'experiance'?
We have several days in Entebbe before our tour begins, and are looking for some chillin' time, with accomodation where we can kick back. I expect we'll spend much of the day in the zoo, or botanincal gardens, or pool. Any other recommendations? We were thinking of going to Ngamba island for accomodation(we won't have the health checks for the forest walks) - does that sound a good idea?
All comments welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 7 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 8 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 9 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 10 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 11 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report