Hi fellow travelers, I will be traveling Emirates Air, economy, from Lusaka (LUN) - Dubai (DXB) - Rome (FCO), where I will begin a 3 month trip around Europe. My carry on is a hiking backpack that weighs about 15Ibs (probably more like 16Ibs) with only my essentials (ie clothes, toiletries, etc). I also have a messenger bag which is carrying my laptop and camera (+lenses) and weighs about 10Ibs. I would prefer not to check my bag as I have traveled in India before and heard many horror stories of bags that have vanished and I cannot afford to buy all new clothing when I arrive in Italy. Based on my research some Emirate locations are very strick and some are lenient, but I haven't found anything specific to my itinerary. Has anyone boarded Emirates from Lusaka that might have some advice for me? Will they likely weigh my messenger bag?
Emirates Air Carry On via Lusaka
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 4 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 5 Morocco to portugal
- 6 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 7 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 8 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 9 Independence Day in Israel
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 13 Travelust
- 14 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 15 Shots for Morocco
- 16 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 17 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 18 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 21 Thinking about The Gambia
- 22 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 23 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 24 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 25 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR