Hi fellow travelers, I will be traveling Emirates Air, economy, from Lusaka (LUN) - Dubai (DXB) - Rome (FCO), where I will begin a 3 month trip around Europe. My carry on is a hiking backpack that weighs about 15Ibs (probably more like 16Ibs) with only my essentials (ie clothes, toiletries, etc). I also have a messenger bag which is carrying my laptop and camera (+lenses) and weighs about 10Ibs. I would prefer not to check my bag as I have traveled in India before and heard many horror stories of bags that have vanished and I cannot afford to buy all new clothing when I arrive in Italy. Based on my research some Emirate locations are very strick and some are lenient, but I haven't found anything specific to my itinerary. Has anyone boarded Emirates from Lusaka that might have some advice for me? Will they likely weigh my messenger bag?
Emirates Air Carry On via Lusaka
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Hotels in Nairobi
- 7 Novice Safari question
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Quick question about Kenya..
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 Morocco in April 2014
- 15 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September