Duringn my OAT trip to Namibia, we visited an oma (grandmother) who used to live in South Africa, but was forcibly dumped in Namibia during the apartheid era when Namibia was controlled by S.Africa. Our guide referred to her as "riem vas maker". I'm trying to get more information, but can't find anything in the web. Do I have the wrong spelling ?Does anybody have any info or know where I can find more info ? Thanks so much.
elderly blacks forcibly removed from South Africa to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 2 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???