Duringn my OAT trip to Namibia, we visited an oma (grandmother) who used to live in South Africa, but was forcibly dumped in Namibia during the apartheid era when Namibia was controlled by S.Africa. Our guide referred to her as "riem vas maker". I'm trying to get more information, but can't find anything in the web. Do I have the wrong spelling ?Does anybody have any info or know where I can find more info ? Thanks so much.
elderly blacks forcibly removed from South Africa to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Sabi Sands camps
- 4 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Rwanda trip report
- 11 Tel Aviv beaches
- 12 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 13 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 14 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 15 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 16 israel and petra
- 17 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 18 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 19 Israel and Petra
- 20 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?