Duringn my OAT trip to Namibia, we visited an oma (grandmother) who used to live in South Africa, but was forcibly dumped in Namibia during the apartheid era when Namibia was controlled by S.Africa. Our guide referred to her as "riem vas maker". I'm trying to get more information, but can't find anything in the web. Do I have the wrong spelling ?Does anybody have any info or know where I can find more info ? Thanks so much.
elderly blacks forcibly removed from South Africa to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 2 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 6 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015