booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 2 Lady Egypt tour days
- 3 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 4 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 7 Safari buddies - late August
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 Kruger
- 10 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 11 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 12 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 13 Morocco Trip Report
- 14 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 15 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 16 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 17 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 18 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 19 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 20 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 21 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 22 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 23 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 24 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 25 Car Rentals in Israel