booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan safety concerns
- 2 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 3 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 4 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 7 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 A family safari in Tanzania
- 10 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Uganda Trip Report
- 13 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 14 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 15 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 16 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 17 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 18 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 19 Boutique hotels in israel
- 20 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 21 Short layover at JNB
- 22 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 24 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 25 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?