booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 4 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 5 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 What camera to use on safari
- 9 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 10 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 11 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 12 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 13 To go to Israel or not?
- 14 Bidair at JNB
- 15 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 16 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 19 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 20 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 21 Dubai > Oman?
- 22 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 23 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 24 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 25 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara