booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mt.Kilimanjaro Climbing Safaris
- 2 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 5 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 South Africa trip advices
- 8 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 Morrocco and Cash
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Tour to Morocco
- 13 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 14 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 15 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety