booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 4 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 5 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 6 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 7 Morocco Sahara Desert Experience - Trip Report
- 8 What camera to use on safari
- 9 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 10 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 11 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 12 India
- 13 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 14 Ideas about the trip.
- 15 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 16 3 days in Teheran
- 17 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 18 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 19 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 20 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 21 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 22 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 23 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 24 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 25 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry