booking a holiday in a few weeks time to egypt, am undecided between soma bay and el gouna. El gouna looks lovely decided on hotel and has a little nightlife and nice restaurants around the area, Soma bay has lovely hotels but no nightlife as based all in hotels...............my problem is which is the best place to go for snorkeling and possibly first time diving???? which has the clearer seas better beaches???? was briefly speaking to an egyptian lady and she said that el gouna has very deep water, she hadnt been there personally so couldnt tell me much more but would like to start off close to shore snorkelling rather than just jumping off a jetty into very deep water as not very confident in deep water and would like to build my confidence to go diving, is el gouna still suitable for this or soma bay? help would be appreciated thank you.
el gouna or soma bay????
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 2 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 3 I'm going on safari for free!
- 4 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 7 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 8 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 9 Dubai first time
- 10 Morocco Advice
- 11 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 12 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 13 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 14 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 15 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 16 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 17 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 18 16 day mixed trip
- 19 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 20 Canadian Insurance
- 21 Evacuation Insurance
- 22 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 23 Bespoke East Africa Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 24 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 25 Don't go to Morrocco!