Hello---My husband and I are considering Eilat or Aqaba as part of a larger trip to Israel and Jordan. I have seen varying views on this topic. What do Fodor's members think? We are scuba divers and our purpose is to be there to scuba dive for several days. We are intermediate divers and are just looking for casual, laid back (and safe) diving. We haven't decided if we would do day trips to Petra from Eilat/Aqaba, or actually just stay at Petra. We basically just want to try a new dive location and have some good dinners at night and relax. I know either location will be touristy. Your thoughts are much appreciated!
Eilat Versus Aqaba? Need Your Thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Hotels in Nairobi
- 7 Novice Safari question
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Quick question about Kenya..
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 Morocco in April 2014
- 15 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September