I have a couple questions about my trip to the middle east this summer...
I have pretty much worked out which cities I want to go to and its something like this:
Aswan - Luxor (nile cruise) night train to Cairo
Cairo for a few days
Cairo - Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine to walk it
I was thinking it would be nice to go to one Red Sea beach city. I was thinking Nuweiba, Eilat or Aqaba since they seem the closest to the other cities in my itinerary but I am having trouble deciding which one is best/most convenient to get in and out of.
Next, I think id like to visit Petra and Wadi Rum as well.
I also want to go to Jerusalem for a few days, then I will depart out of Amman. What would be the best way to piece this trip together after the Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine part?
I am having trouble figuring out the best ways to get in and out of Israel with boarder crossings, travel time etc.
I dont care which order I do the cities in, just would like it to be convenient and economical.
we will be traveling by bus/minibus only but could consider renting a car if it was THAT much more worth it.
BTW I have 2 weeks to 18 days for the while trip. If it helps I could fly in to Amman and out of Aswan if doing the trip in the opposite order would be better...
Any help is always much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Bed and breakfast close to joberg airport
- 2 South Africa Visa question please help!
- 3 Timing of Great Migration in Northern Serengeti
- 4 Soweto tour guide recommendations?
- 5 Need advise
- 6 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 7 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 8 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 9 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 10 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 11 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 12 Insect Repellent
- 13 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 14 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 15 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 16 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 17 house exchange
- 18 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 19 casablanca airport taxis
- 20 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 21 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 22 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 23 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 24 Tiberias with kids
- 25 Lion World