I have a couple questions about my trip to the middle east this summer...
I have pretty much worked out which cities I want to go to and its something like this:
Aswan - Luxor (nile cruise) night train to Cairo
Cairo for a few days
Cairo - Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine to walk it
I was thinking it would be nice to go to one Red Sea beach city. I was thinking Nuweiba, Eilat or Aqaba since they seem the closest to the other cities in my itinerary but I am having trouble deciding which one is best/most convenient to get in and out of.
Next, I think id like to visit Petra and Wadi Rum as well.
I also want to go to Jerusalem for a few days, then I will depart out of Amman. What would be the best way to piece this trip together after the Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine part?
I am having trouble figuring out the best ways to get in and out of Israel with boarder crossings, travel time etc.
I dont care which order I do the cities in, just would like it to be convenient and economical.
we will be traveling by bus/minibus only but could consider renting a car if it was THAT much more worth it.
BTW I have 2 weeks to 18 days for the while trip. If it helps I could fly in to Amman and out of Aswan if doing the trip in the opposite order would be better...
Any help is always much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Private tours in Morocco
- 4 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 5 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 6 First time to Africa-need help!
- 7 How do I know if a company is legit
- 8 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 9 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 10 South Africa trip report
- 11 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 12 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 13 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 14 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 15 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 16 Ethiopian security
- 17 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 18 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 19 morocco
- 20 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 23 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 24 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 25 South Africa route options