I have a couple questions about my trip to the middle east this summer...
I have pretty much worked out which cities I want to go to and its something like this:
Aswan - Luxor (nile cruise) night train to Cairo
Cairo for a few days
Cairo - Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine to walk it
I was thinking it would be nice to go to one Red Sea beach city. I was thinking Nuweiba, Eilat or Aqaba since they seem the closest to the other cities in my itinerary but I am having trouble deciding which one is best/most convenient to get in and out of.
Next, I think id like to visit Petra and Wadi Rum as well.
I also want to go to Jerusalem for a few days, then I will depart out of Amman. What would be the best way to piece this trip together after the Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine part?
I am having trouble figuring out the best ways to get in and out of Israel with boarder crossings, travel time etc.
I dont care which order I do the cities in, just would like it to be convenient and economical.
we will be traveling by bus/minibus only but could consider renting a car if it was THAT much more worth it.
BTW I have 2 weeks to 18 days for the while trip. If it helps I could fly in to Amman and out of Aswan if doing the trip in the opposite order would be better...
Any help is always much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess