I have a couple questions about my trip to the middle east this summer...
I have pretty much worked out which cities I want to go to and its something like this:
Aswan - Luxor (nile cruise) night train to Cairo
Cairo for a few days
Cairo - Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine to walk it
I was thinking it would be nice to go to one Red Sea beach city. I was thinking Nuweiba, Eilat or Aqaba since they seem the closest to the other cities in my itinerary but I am having trouble deciding which one is best/most convenient to get in and out of.
Next, I think id like to visit Petra and Wadi Rum as well.
I also want to go to Jerusalem for a few days, then I will depart out of Amman. What would be the best way to piece this trip together after the Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine part?
I am having trouble figuring out the best ways to get in and out of Israel with boarder crossings, travel time etc.
I dont care which order I do the cities in, just would like it to be convenient and economical.
we will be traveling by bus/minibus only but could consider renting a car if it was THAT much more worth it.
BTW I have 2 weeks to 18 days for the while trip. If it helps I could fly in to Amman and out of Aswan if doing the trip in the opposite order would be better...
Any help is always much appreciated
- 1 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 2 Bugs n' Botswana
- 3 My Trip to Palestine
- 4 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 5 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 6 Group Trip to Israel
- 7 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 8 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 9 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 10 My trip to Egypt .....
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 13 Safari and Beach in June
- 14 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 15 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 16 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 17 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 18 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 21 Homestay Accomodation
- 22 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 23 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 24 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 25 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2