Hello fellow Fodorites,
As I've been waffling back and forth for a little bit now on my itinerary to an upcoming trip to Egypt that has morphed into an Egypt/Jordan combo, I decided to seek some "outside" help, so here I am. I have two things I hope to accomplish: the pyramids and a taste of ancient egypt, and petra.
11/19 - Arrive CAI ~4:30 pm - head to the hotel / acclimate
11/20 - pyramids, including Giza, Sakara, Dashur with driver & guide
11/21 - islamic & coptic cairo - PM train to Aswan
11/22 - Aswan - philae / high dam / felucca
11/23 - Abu Simbel in the morning via car - PM??
11/24 - AM departure for luxor stopping at esna, edfu & kom ombo - in the afternoon luxor temple
11/25 - luxor east and west bank temples
11/26 - not sure here - another day for cairo and slide things down? else this is a travel day to Amman by the 1:10 pm flight from luxor arriving at about 6:30. plan to spend the night at Madaba
11/27 - Madaba to petra, stopping off at dead sea and kerak to arrive Petra by night?
11/28 - petra day 1
11/29 - petra day 2, including petra by night tour
11/30 - depart for Amman -stop at ? or spend afternoon in Amman? - late PM flight back to NYC
Suggestions or comments? Initially I was coming back from Cairo on 11/29, but since I'm changing my ticket to return from Amman I have this extra day [or 1/2 day] to fill. Tickets to Amman are cheaper from Cairo, so I guess my other option is to take the night train to Cairo when I arrive via either a 5:15 flight [I get in at 4:25 pm] or a 6:05 or 8:30 pm flights]. 2 days Aswan, most of the next day en route to Luxor, then 2 days Luxor, 2.5 days in Cairo, fly to Amman via the 4:45 pm flight on friday , then follow the same as above. i would welcome comments - realizing that I'm probably not doing either country justice, but hopefully will be able to return one day to do so
Egypt/Jordan Itinerary Comments/Advice
Hello fellow Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 2 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 3 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 4 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 5 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 6 To go to Israel or not?
- 7 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 8 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 9 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 12 Dubai > Oman?
- 13 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 14 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 15 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 16 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 19 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 20 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 21 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 22 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 23 Awesome trip and still not done
- 24 South Africa
- 25 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?