Hello fellow Fodorites,
As I've been waffling back and forth for a little bit now on my itinerary to an upcoming trip to Egypt that has morphed into an Egypt/Jordan combo, I decided to seek some "outside" help, so here I am. I have two things I hope to accomplish: the pyramids and a taste of ancient egypt, and petra.
11/19 - Arrive CAI ~4:30 pm - head to the hotel / acclimate
11/20 - pyramids, including Giza, Sakara, Dashur with driver & guide
11/21 - islamic & coptic cairo - PM train to Aswan
11/22 - Aswan - philae / high dam / felucca
11/23 - Abu Simbel in the morning via car - PM??
11/24 - AM departure for luxor stopping at esna, edfu & kom ombo - in the afternoon luxor temple
11/25 - luxor east and west bank temples
11/26 - not sure here - another day for cairo and slide things down? else this is a travel day to Amman by the 1:10 pm flight from luxor arriving at about 6:30. plan to spend the night at Madaba
11/27 - Madaba to petra, stopping off at dead sea and kerak to arrive Petra by night?
11/28 - petra day 1
11/29 - petra day 2, including petra by night tour
11/30 - depart for Amman -stop at ? or spend afternoon in Amman? - late PM flight back to NYC
Suggestions or comments? Initially I was coming back from Cairo on 11/29, but since I'm changing my ticket to return from Amman I have this extra day [or 1/2 day] to fill. Tickets to Amman are cheaper from Cairo, so I guess my other option is to take the night train to Cairo when I arrive via either a 5:15 flight [I get in at 4:25 pm] or a 6:05 or 8:30 pm flights]. 2 days Aswan, most of the next day en route to Luxor, then 2 days Luxor, 2.5 days in Cairo, fly to Amman via the 4:45 pm flight on friday , then follow the same as above. i would welcome comments - realizing that I'm probably not doing either country justice, but hopefully will be able to return one day to do so
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 watch~here Kevin Hart What Now
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 4 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 5 Israeli Tour Guides
- 6 What is worth seeing in November?
- 7 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 8 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 9 Masai Mara in May
- 10 Western Desert Itinerary
- 11 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 12 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 13 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 14 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 15 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 16 Trip to Merzouga
- 17 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 20 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 21 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 22 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 23 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 24 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 25 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
Hello fellow Fodorites,