Hello fellow Fodorites,
As I've been waffling back and forth for a little bit now on my itinerary to an upcoming trip to Egypt that has morphed into an Egypt/Jordan combo, I decided to seek some "outside" help, so here I am. I have two things I hope to accomplish: the pyramids and a taste of ancient egypt, and petra.
11/19 - Arrive CAI ~4:30 pm - head to the hotel / acclimate
11/20 - pyramids, including Giza, Sakara, Dashur with driver & guide
11/21 - islamic & coptic cairo - PM train to Aswan
11/22 - Aswan - philae / high dam / felucca
11/23 - Abu Simbel in the morning via car - PM??
11/24 - AM departure for luxor stopping at esna, edfu & kom ombo - in the afternoon luxor temple
11/25 - luxor east and west bank temples
11/26 - not sure here - another day for cairo and slide things down? else this is a travel day to Amman by the 1:10 pm flight from luxor arriving at about 6:30. plan to spend the night at Madaba
11/27 - Madaba to petra, stopping off at dead sea and kerak to arrive Petra by night?
11/28 - petra day 1
11/29 - petra day 2, including petra by night tour
11/30 - depart for Amman -stop at ? or spend afternoon in Amman? - late PM flight back to NYC
Suggestions or comments? Initially I was coming back from Cairo on 11/29, but since I'm changing my ticket to return from Amman I have this extra day [or 1/2 day] to fill. Tickets to Amman are cheaper from Cairo, so I guess my other option is to take the night train to Cairo when I arrive via either a 5:15 flight [I get in at 4:25 pm] or a 6:05 or 8:30 pm flights]. 2 days Aswan, most of the next day en route to Luxor, then 2 days Luxor, 2.5 days in Cairo, fly to Amman via the 4:45 pm flight on friday , then follow the same as above. i would welcome comments - realizing that I'm probably not doing either country justice, but hopefully will be able to return one day to do so
Egypt/Jordan Itinerary Comments/Advice
Hello fellow Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 2 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 3 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 4 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 5 what kind of phone
- 6 Small group tours in israel
- 7 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 8 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 9 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 10 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 11 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 12 Iran Info, Please
- 13 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 14 Safari on a budget!
- 15 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 16 fez accommodation
- 17 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 22 Johannesburg...?
- 23 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 24 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 25 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs