Hello fellow Fodorites,
As I've been waffling back and forth for a little bit now on my itinerary to an upcoming trip to Egypt that has morphed into an Egypt/Jordan combo, I decided to seek some "outside" help, so here I am. I have two things I hope to accomplish: the pyramids and a taste of ancient egypt, and petra.
11/19 - Arrive CAI ~4:30 pm - head to the hotel / acclimate
11/20 - pyramids, including Giza, Sakara, Dashur with driver & guide
11/21 - islamic & coptic cairo - PM train to Aswan
11/22 - Aswan - philae / high dam / felucca
11/23 - Abu Simbel in the morning via car - PM??
11/24 - AM departure for luxor stopping at esna, edfu & kom ombo - in the afternoon luxor temple
11/25 - luxor east and west bank temples
11/26 - not sure here - another day for cairo and slide things down? else this is a travel day to Amman by the 1:10 pm flight from luxor arriving at about 6:30. plan to spend the night at Madaba
11/27 - Madaba to petra, stopping off at dead sea and kerak to arrive Petra by night?
11/28 - petra day 1
11/29 - petra day 2, including petra by night tour
11/30 - depart for Amman -stop at ? or spend afternoon in Amman? - late PM flight back to NYC
Suggestions or comments? Initially I was coming back from Cairo on 11/29, but since I'm changing my ticket to return from Amman I have this extra day [or 1/2 day] to fill. Tickets to Amman are cheaper from Cairo, so I guess my other option is to take the night train to Cairo when I arrive via either a 5:15 flight [I get in at 4:25 pm] or a 6:05 or 8:30 pm flights]. 2 days Aswan, most of the next day en route to Luxor, then 2 days Luxor, 2.5 days in Cairo, fly to Amman via the 4:45 pm flight on friday , then follow the same as above. i would welcome comments - realizing that I'm probably not doing either country justice, but hopefully will be able to return one day to do so
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ICLOUD PRINTER 1888:260:2909 installation CONTACT ICLOUD Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 3 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 4 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 5 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 6 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 7 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 10 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 11 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 12 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 13 Audley Travel
- 14 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 19 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Safari in South Africa
- 22 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 23 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 24 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 25 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
Hello fellow Fodorites,