We are visiting Greece in May 2013. Since we are taking Egypt Airways (and there is a minimum 22 hr layover in Cairo), we are thinking of stopping in Cairo for 2/3 nights before going to Athens (reaching Cairo at 1.30 pm and flight out from Cairo is at 10.30 am). Since there won't be time to see Luxor/Alexandria, we will stick to Cairo only. My questions are :
1) How many days should be enough for Cairo - 1.5 or 2.5 ? So far, I have planned to see the Pyramids in Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan-el-Khalili market and the Cairo Tower. I am assuming that we can do the Egyptian museum on the day we arrive followed by Khan-el-khalili. The next day we could do the Pyramids and Sphinx.
2) The other interesting options are Coptic Cairo, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. Are these unmissable ? Am I missing out on anything else ?
3) Is the Egyptian museum open on Fridays ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 3 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 4 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 5 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 6 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 12 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 15 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 16 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 17 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 18 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 19 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 20 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 21 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 22 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 23 Wilson airport transfer to NBO
- 24 Advice traveling to Morocco as a woman with a child
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!