We are visiting Greece in May 2013. Since we are taking Egypt Airways (and there is a minimum 22 hr layover in Cairo), we are thinking of stopping in Cairo for 2/3 nights before going to Athens (reaching Cairo at 1.30 pm and flight out from Cairo is at 10.30 am). Since there won't be time to see Luxor/Alexandria, we will stick to Cairo only. My questions are :
1) How many days should be enough for Cairo - 1.5 or 2.5 ? So far, I have planned to see the Pyramids in Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan-el-Khalili market and the Cairo Tower. I am assuming that we can do the Egyptian museum on the day we arrive followed by Khan-el-khalili. The next day we could do the Pyramids and Sphinx.
2) The other interesting options are Coptic Cairo, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. Are these unmissable ? Am I missing out on anything else ?
3) Is the Egyptian museum open on Fridays ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Max Testo XL Vegetables are as important to building muscle
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 Uganda Trip Report
- 5 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 6 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 7 VISA for Mozambique
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 10 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 11 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 12 Best African Safari
- 13 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 14 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 15 beach visit after safari
- 16 Petra Wadi Rum
- 17 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 20 What is worth seeing in November?
- 21 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Masai Mara in May
- 24 Western Desert Itinerary
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?