We are visiting Greece in May 2013. Since we are taking Egypt Airways (and there is a minimum 22 hr layover in Cairo), we are thinking of stopping in Cairo for 2/3 nights before going to Athens (reaching Cairo at 1.30 pm and flight out from Cairo is at 10.30 am). Since there won't be time to see Luxor/Alexandria, we will stick to Cairo only. My questions are :
1) How many days should be enough for Cairo - 1.5 or 2.5 ? So far, I have planned to see the Pyramids in Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan-el-Khalili market and the Cairo Tower. I am assuming that we can do the Egyptian museum on the day we arrive followed by Khan-el-khalili. The next day we could do the Pyramids and Sphinx.
2) The other interesting options are Coptic Cairo, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. Are these unmissable ? Am I missing out on anything else ?
3) Is the Egyptian museum open on Fridays ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Places in Israel?
- 2 First Safari- Tanzania or Botswana?
- 3 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 4 How to make the most in Kuwait
- 5 Northern Morocco in December- enough time?
- 6 South Africa Itinerary
- 7 African Safari Recommendations
- 8 Marocco in October
- 9 advise needed villa rental Morrocco
- 10 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 11 Hotel and other Suggestions for Dubai. . .
- 12 An African experience with 5 yrs old child
- 13 Special campsites Serengeti; booking Agency
- 14 Nairobi Traffic from Elephant Orphanage to Airport & Arranging Visit
- 15 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 16 Flying Air Sinai from Cairo to Tel Aviv?
- 17 Trip Report: The Best Family Friendy Trip to Botswana & Zimbabwe
- 18 First time to South Africa
- 19 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?
- 20 Planning for our first safari
- 21 Southern Africa in February??? Kenya Safe to travel to?
- 22 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 23 Garden Route
- 24 First trip to Africa and travelling solo
- 25 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris