We are visiting Greece in May 2013. Since we are taking Egypt Airways (and there is a minimum 22 hr layover in Cairo), we are thinking of stopping in Cairo for 2/3 nights before going to Athens (reaching Cairo at 1.30 pm and flight out from Cairo is at 10.30 am). Since there won't be time to see Luxor/Alexandria, we will stick to Cairo only. My questions are :
1) How many days should be enough for Cairo - 1.5 or 2.5 ? So far, I have planned to see the Pyramids in Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan-el-Khalili market and the Cairo Tower. I am assuming that we can do the Egyptian museum on the day we arrive followed by Khan-el-khalili. The next day we could do the Pyramids and Sphinx.
2) The other interesting options are Coptic Cairo, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. Are these unmissable ? Am I missing out on anything else ?
3) Is the Egyptian museum open on Fridays ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 2 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 3 Safari photography help
- 4 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 5 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 6 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 7 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 8 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 9 Tanzania trip Advice
- 10 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 11 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 12 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 13 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 14 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 15 el gouna or soma bay????
- 16 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 17 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 18 Israel itinerary
- 19 Malawi with kiddos
- 20 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 21 Local Tanzania companies
- 22 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 24 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 25 Dubai Trip Idea