I've searched the web and have seen differing accounts of whether mosquitoes are a problem in Egypt, so I'm wondering if anyone can set the matter at rest. I'm going to Egypt in April - Cairo, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Luxor and Alexandria. Alexandria is a day trip from Cairo, but we'll stay at least one night in each of the other cities and take a three night Nile cruise. Do you think mosquitoes will be a problem anywhere? If so, can I get good mosquito repellant locally? I pack light, allowing myself one carry-on size suitcase that I always check, so anything I can buy locally at a reasonable cost, I do.
Egypt in April - are mosquitoes a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 2 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 3 MOROCCO CAMEL TREKKING
- 4 Buy links
- 5 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 6 South Africa in February?
- 7 Car Rentals in Israel
- 8 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 11 Morocco to portugal
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 15 Independence Day in Israel
- 16 Drinking on safari
- 17 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 18 Travelust
- 19 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 20 Shots for Morocco
- 21 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 22 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 23 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 24 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 25 Thinking about The Gambia