I've searched the web and have seen differing accounts of whether mosquitoes are a problem in Egypt, so I'm wondering if anyone can set the matter at rest. I'm going to Egypt in April - Cairo, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Luxor and Alexandria. Alexandria is a day trip from Cairo, but we'll stay at least one night in each of the other cities and take a three night Nile cruise. Do you think mosquitoes will be a problem anywhere? If so, can I get good mosquito repellant locally? I pack light, allowing myself one carry-on size suitcase that I always check, so anything I can buy locally at a reasonable cost, I do.
Egypt in April - are mosquitoes a problem?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Unbelievable Day trip to paradise valley
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Hotels in Nairobi
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Novice Safari question
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 8 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 9 Quick question about Kenya..
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 12 Morocco in April 2014
- 13 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September