I've searched the web and have seen differing accounts of whether mosquitoes are a problem in Egypt, so I'm wondering if anyone can set the matter at rest. I'm going to Egypt in April - Cairo, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Luxor and Alexandria. Alexandria is a day trip from Cairo, but we'll stay at least one night in each of the other cities and take a three night Nile cruise. Do you think mosquitoes will be a problem anywhere? If so, can I get good mosquito repellant locally? I pack light, allowing myself one carry-on size suitcase that I always check, so anything I can buy locally at a reasonable cost, I do.
Egypt in April - are mosquitoes a problem?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 2 Clothes in Uganda
- 3 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 4 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 7 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 8 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 9 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 10 Homestay Accomodation
- 11 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 12 Selous game reserve
- 13 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 14 Safari and Beach in June
- 15 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 16 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 17 Group Trip to Israel
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 20 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 21 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 25 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village