Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 2 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 3 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 4 Tiberias with kids
- 5 Lion World
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 8 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 9 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 10 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 11 Mpumalanga visit
- 12 safe areas to go on safari
- 13 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 14 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 15 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 16 Victoria Falls
- 17 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 18 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 19 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 20 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 21 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 22 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 23 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 24 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 25 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9