Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 2 Morocco Highlights
- 3 Uganda Trip Report
- 4 Money in Uganda
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 7 VISA for Mozambique
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 10 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 11 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 12 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Best African Safari
- 15 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 16 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 17 beach visit after safari
- 18 Petra Wadi Rum
- 19 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 22 What is worth seeing in November?
- 23 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 24 Israeli Tour Guides
- 25 Masai Mara in May