Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 2 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 3 Victoria Falls
- 4 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 5 Cape Town
- 6 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 7 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 8 Morocco vs Turkey
- 9 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 10 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 11 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 12 Nairobi, where to stay
- 13 Widerness Lodges
- 14 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 15 Help plan African Safari
- 16 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 17 Tipping on Safari
- 18 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 19 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 20 Cape Town -safety
- 21 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 22 SA itin review
- 23 Botswana safari in late November
- 24 Ferry to Morocco
- 25 Thinking About Africa...Again!