Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Egypt: Fact and then Fiction
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Desert Tours
- 2 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 3 Recent experience with Around Morocco or Authentic Morocco Tours
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 6 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 7 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 8 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 9 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 10 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 11 Safari on a budget!
- 12 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 13 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 14 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 15 Things to see in Dubai
- 16 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 17 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 18 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 19 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 20 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 21 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 22 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 23 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 24 Tips for Israel
- 25 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day