Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 JNB - CPT flight/transfer time
- 2 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 4 Help with choosing which areas to visit
- 5 Royal Malewane or Singita Boulders
- 6 The new trip itinerary in Oman
- 7 Beautiful Morocco Sep/15
- 8 Beautiful Morocco Sep/15 part 2
- 9 First Safari- Tanzania or Botswana?
- 10 Soon: Sun Festivals Abu Simbel 22 Feb - 22 Oct
- 11 How to make the most in Kuwait
- 12 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 13 Skip Casablanca and Rabat?
- 14 African Safari Recommendations
- 15 Best Places in Israel?
- 16 Northern Morocco in December- enough time?
- 17 South Africa Itinerary
- 18 Marocco in October
- 19 advise needed villa rental Morrocco
- 20 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 21 Hotel and other Suggestions for Dubai. . .
- 22 An African experience with 5 yrs old child
- 23 Special campsites Serengeti; booking Agency
- 24 Nairobi Traffic from Elephant Orphanage to Airport & Arranging Visit
- 25 African Safari Without Small Planes!