Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 2 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 5 Safari photography help
- 6 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 7 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 8 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 9 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 10 Tanzania trip Advice
- 11 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 12 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 13 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 14 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 15 el gouna or soma bay????
- 16 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 17 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 18 Israel itinerary
- 19 Malawi with kiddos
- 20 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 21 Local Tanzania companies
- 22 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 24 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 25 Dubai Trip Idea