Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Egypt: Fact and then Fiction
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 4 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 5 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 6 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 7 Tour to Morocco
- 8 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 9 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 10 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 11 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 12 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 13 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 14 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 15 Electronics to travel with
- 16 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 17 Uganda again
- 18 November at victoria falls
- 19 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 20 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 21 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 22 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 23 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 24 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra