Here's a link to a sort-of trip report I did shortly after our trip to Egypt in the summer of 2010. I forgot to post it here at the time, sorry, but thought I'd post it now even though a few small things have changed in Egypt over the past two years (to put it mildly). My new novel, a big chunk of which is set in Egypt, comes out today and it was interesting for me to see what parts of our trip I used and what parts I didn't. Anyway, I received an enormous amount of help from this forum when planning our trip to Egypt and just wanted to officially say thanks for that (off to Cambodia and Borneo in August!).
Egypt: Fact and then Fiction
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Water fun under the sun
- 2 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Morrocco and Cash
- 5 South Africa trip advices
- 6 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 7 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 15 First time in Africa on safari
- 16 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 17 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 18 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014