We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
East Africa Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 2 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 3 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 4 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 5 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 6 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 7 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 8 Ebola and Morocco
- 9 Thompson Gazelle
- 10 Overland in West Africa
- 11 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 14 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 15 Morrocco and Cash
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 18 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 19 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 20 South Africa trip advices
- 21 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 22 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 23 Tour to Morocco
- 24 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 25 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!