We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
East Africa Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Independence Day in Israel
- 3 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 4 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 5 South Africa in February?
- 6 Drinking on safari
- 7 Travelust
- 8 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 Shots for Morocco
- 11 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 12 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 13 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 14 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 17 Thinking about The Gambia
- 18 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 19 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 20 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 21 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 22 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 23 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 24 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 25 Kenya safari tour/cost