We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 2 Morocco over Christmas
- 3 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 4 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 5 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 6 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 7 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 8 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 9 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 10 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 11 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 12 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 13 DOHA LAYOVER
- 14 Morocco Questions
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Botswana safari recs
- 17 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 18 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 19 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 20 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 21 Botswana in January
- 22 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 23 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 24 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 25 Rhino Africa - Reviews