We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
East Africa Trip
- 1 a week in africa
- 2 10 days in south Africa
- 3 Renting a car in Israel
- 4 Been there done that? Doesn't apply
- 5 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 6 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 7 What about money?
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 13 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 14 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 15 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 16 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 17 Accra airport
- 18 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 19 morocco
- 20 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 21 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 22 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 23 Trip extension from Cape town
- 24 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 25 how to join a Kenya safari once in country