We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Will you send my son a postcard?
- 2 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 5 Safari photography help
- 6 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 7 Travel within Africa
- 8 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 9 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 10 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 11 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 12 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 13 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 14 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 15 Tanzania trip Advice
- 16 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 17 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 20 el gouna or soma bay????
- 21 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 22 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 23 Israel itinerary
- 24 Malawi with kiddos
- 25 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016