We are planning a trip to Africa.
We don't have a set date but were thinking of going end of Dec/Jan to escape the winter in Canada. We want to start in Nairobi, with a safari in Masai Mara, then visit Uganda, then a beach stay in Zanzibar.
I have a few questions, if anyone can share suggestions.
1) Is January an ok time to go on safari? We don't care about seeing the migration - just want to see big game.
2) Where is the best place to see gorillas in Uganda?
3) Any recommendations for where to stay in Zanzibar? (mid-range)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 2 The Top Ten Places to Visit in South Africa
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 8 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 9 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Safari in South Africa
- 12 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 13 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 14 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 17 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 18 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 19 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 20 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 21 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 22 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 23 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 24 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 25 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators