I will be travelling to East Africa in January 2015 and since the visa requirements have changed since my last visit in the region, i am a bit lost. My itinerary will go as follows: departing from Canada to Kenya-Uganda-Rwanda-Uganda-Kenya(i am doing everything by bus) returning to Canada. I was thinking of getting an East African Visa but i have read a lot of confusing information. First of all, do i need to get this visa online before getting there? I went on the eCitizen platform to get start a visa application but the only visas you can register for are (1) Single Entry Kenyan Visa, (2) Transit Visa and (3) Diplomatic Visa. You cannot register for the East African Visa on this platform. Where can i apply for this online? Or can i still buy this visa upon entry in Kenya unlike the regular single entry tourist visa)?
Also, if i do get the East African Visa, does this visa allow me to enter twice in both Kenya and Uganda (since i am arriving and leaving east africa from kenya and also since i am travelling around by bus, i need to reenter uganda before i get back to Kenya)?
I hope this is clear! I am leaving on the 30th of december 2015 and will be applying no later than the 24th of November (just in case there was an issue i want wiggle room). Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kingdom:YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 YAHOO Tec*h SU*PP0RT
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 4 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 6 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 7 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions