I will be travelling to East Africa in January 2015 and since the visa requirements have changed since my last visit in the region, i am a bit lost. My itinerary will go as follows: departing from Canada to Kenya-Uganda-Rwanda-Uganda-Kenya(i am doing everything by bus) returning to Canada. I was thinking of getting an East African Visa but i have read a lot of confusing information. First of all, do i need to get this visa online before getting there? I went on the eCitizen platform to get start a visa application but the only visas you can register for are (1) Single Entry Kenyan Visa, (2) Transit Visa and (3) Diplomatic Visa. You cannot register for the East African Visa on this platform. Where can i apply for this online? Or can i still buy this visa upon entry in Kenya unlike the regular single entry tourist visa)?
Also, if i do get the East African Visa, does this visa allow me to enter twice in both Kenya and Uganda (since i am arriving and leaving east africa from kenya and also since i am travelling around by bus, i need to reenter uganda before i get back to Kenya)?
I hope this is clear! I am leaving on the 30th of december 2015 and will be applying no later than the 24th of November (just in case there was an issue i want wiggle room). Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cairo International Airport
- 2 7 Ways To Prevent Cultural Mistakes While On Vacation
- 3 6 Hotel Hacks Every Parent Should Know
- 4 Six Tourists Destinations To Visit In Eastern Nigeria
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 11 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 14 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 15 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 16 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 17 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 18 Dubai Guide
- 19 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 20 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 21 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 22 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 23 Loldia House Kenya
- 24 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 25 Alexandria