I will be travelling to East Africa in January 2015 and since the visa requirements have changed since my last visit in the region, i am a bit lost. My itinerary will go as follows: departing from Canada to Kenya-Uganda-Rwanda-Uganda-Kenya(i am doing everything by bus) returning to Canada. I was thinking of getting an East African Visa but i have read a lot of confusing information. First of all, do i need to get this visa online before getting there? I went on the eCitizen platform to get start a visa application but the only visas you can register for are (1) Single Entry Kenyan Visa, (2) Transit Visa and (3) Diplomatic Visa. You cannot register for the East African Visa on this platform. Where can i apply for this online? Or can i still buy this visa upon entry in Kenya unlike the regular single entry tourist visa)?
Also, if i do get the East African Visa, does this visa allow me to enter twice in both Kenya and Uganda (since i am arriving and leaving east africa from kenya and also since i am travelling around by bus, i need to reenter uganda before i get back to Kenya)?
I hope this is clear! I am leaving on the 30th of december 2015 and will be applying no later than the 24th of November (just in case there was an issue i want wiggle room). Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 2 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 5 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 6 Safari in South Africa
- 7 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 8 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 9 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 10 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 11 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 12 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 13 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 14 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 15 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 16 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 17 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 18 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 19 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 20 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 21 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 22 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 23 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 24 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 25 Wilson airport transfer to NBO