I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 4 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 5 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 6 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 7 Duba activities - help deciding
- 8 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 9 Private Guide for Cairo
- 10 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 11 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 12 Texting from US to Israel
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 15 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 16 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 17 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 18 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 19 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 20 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 21 Passport pages stuck together
- 22 Self drive tour south africa
- 23 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 24 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 25 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?