I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
East Africa summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Tips for Israel
- 6 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 7 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 8 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 9 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 10 Road To Morocco Tours
- 11 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 12 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 13 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 14 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 15 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 16 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 17 Rwanda
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 20 Zambia Impressions
- 21 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 22 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 23 Dubai trip
- 24 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 25 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda