I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 2 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 3 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 4 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 5 Mpumalanga visit
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 safe areas to go on safari
- 8 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 9 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 10 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 11 Lion World
- 12 Victoria Falls
- 13 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 14 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 15 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 18 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 19 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 20 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 21 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 22 Kruger park
- 23 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 24 Have itinerary -- need an agency
- 25 Malaria medications Africa