I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
East Africa summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - Palm Island
- 2 Egypt safe travel
- 3 8 Days Kenya Safari Trip
- 4 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 5 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 6 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 7 UAE Desert Safari
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 12 South Africa in February?
- 13 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 14 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 15 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 16 Dubai first time
- 17 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 18 Zambia Impressions
- 19 Taste of Dubai
- 20 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 21 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 22 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 23 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 24 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 25 Johannesburg to Cape Town