I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
East Africa summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 2 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 8 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 9 Questions about Chobe
- 10 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 11 Dubai > Oman?
- 12 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 13 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 19 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 20 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 21 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 22 Awesome trip and still not done
- 23 South Africa
- 24 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 25 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience