I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 2 Real taste of Morocco and nomad life with Adrartravel
- 3 South Africa self drive, March 2015
- 4 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 5 Morocco--advice on itinerary needed!
- 6 Suggestions for a group tour
- 7 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 8 Cape Town Itinerary
- 9 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 10 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 11 Car Rentals in Israel
- 12 Dubai hotels
- 13 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 14 Pulse Africa???
- 15 Kruger
- 16 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 17 Uganda Trip Report
- 18 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 19 itinerary any ideas?
- 20 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 23 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 24 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 25 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport