I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 the problem in its cutting-edge kingdom
- 2 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Cradle of Humankind
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 9 Petra from Israel
- 10 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 11 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 12 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 13 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 14 israel tour
- 15 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 16 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 17 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 18 Luxury train ride
- 19 Safety in Fes
- 20 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania