I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
East Africa summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 2 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 3 Travelust
- 4 Drinking on safari
- 5 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 6 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 7 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 8 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 11 Thinking about The Gambia
- 12 Independence Day in Israel
- 13 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 14 Shots for Morocco
- 15 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 16 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 17 Morroco Travel Guide
- 18 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 19 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 20 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 21 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 22 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 23 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 25 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?