I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Durban - where to stay for one night
- 2 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 6 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 7 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 8 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 9 Morocco Highlights
- 10 Uganda Trip Report
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 13 VISA for Mozambique
- 14 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 19 Best African Safari
- 20 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 21 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 22 beach visit after safari
- 23 Petra Wadi Rum
- 24 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 25 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)