I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
East Africa summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zambia Impressions
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 6 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 7 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 8 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 9 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 12 Dubai first time
- 13 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 14 Taste of Dubai
- 15 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Independent travel to Morocco - English speaking driver and A/C car needed
- 23 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 24 Morocco Advice
- 25 MOROCCO SOLO