I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 2 Egypt Trip Planning
- 3 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 4 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 5 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 6 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 Safari In June
- 9 Business trip to Israel
- 10 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 11 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 12 honeymoon place
- 13 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 14 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 15 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 16 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 17 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 18 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 19 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 20 Yom Hazikaron
- 21 Yom Haatzmaut
- 22 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 23 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 24 recomendation on African Safari company
- 25 Comparing a few cities in Morocco