I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town
- 2 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 3 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 4 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 5 Morocco vs Turkey
- 6 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 7 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 8 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 9 Nairobi, where to stay
- 10 Widerness Lodges
- 11 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 12 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 13 Help plan African Safari
- 14 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 15 Tipping on Safari
- 16 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 17 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 18 Cape Town -safety
- 19 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 20 SA itin review
- 21 Botswana safari in late November
- 22 Ferry to Morocco
- 23 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 24 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 25 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas