I am planning on traveling in East Africa area for about 6 weeks from late June to early August and looking to figure out the best itinerary. Definitely will go to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro climb, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Ngorongoro Crater) and Rwanda (city visit and gorilla trekking). Also considering Kenya, but not sure if my Tanzania trip will cover similar things. And wondering about Malawi or Uganda, or other suggestions? Happy to enter southern Africa as well, but I assumed there is enough to do in this region for 6 weeks.
Main questions are:
1. Which places to visit
2. Which path to take (Where to fly in and fly out of)
3. I know we'll need tours for some areas - Are there recommended local packages with quality guides? I am a student and willing to spend some money, but happy to be a budget traveler - don't need nice places to stay or expensive meals - we also like to camp.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay