I'm trying to plan a trip for my husband and I (both Canadian) to East Africa over December and January, and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help. I've read through a number of postings on here, and I'm getting the idea that I should try and book through a safari company that is based within East Africa? Is that the best way to go? I mostly want to be in the wilderness, taking photographs, etc. I think I would like to visit Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, which should be do-able in 6 weeks (I imagine). I don't want to be with a large group of people, and would be happy to pay extra for a dedicated guide at certain times for photography.
I'm also curious about the best places to see birds in these countries. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. What is "not to be missed"? Is it worth spending some time on the coast?
If anyone out there can recommend someone that can help me plan an itinerary, I would very much appreciate it!
East Africa for 6 weeks next December/January...looking for help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant