I'm trying to plan a trip for my husband and I (both Canadian) to East Africa over December and January, and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help. I've read through a number of postings on here, and I'm getting the idea that I should try and book through a safari company that is based within East Africa? Is that the best way to go? I mostly want to be in the wilderness, taking photographs, etc. I think I would like to visit Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, which should be do-able in 6 weeks (I imagine). I don't want to be with a large group of people, and would be happy to pay extra for a dedicated guide at certain times for photography.
I'm also curious about the best places to see birds in these countries. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. What is "not to be missed"? Is it worth spending some time on the coast?
If anyone out there can recommend someone that can help me plan an itinerary, I would very much appreciate it!
East Africa for 6 weeks next December/January...looking for help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 2 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 3 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 4 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 5 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 11 Awesome trip and still not done
- 12 South Africa
- 13 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 14 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 15 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 16 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 17 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 18 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 19 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 20 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 21 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 22 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Sole fem traveller guide
- 25 Trip Report - Safari South Africa 2012