I'm trying to plan a trip for my husband and I (both Canadian) to East Africa over December and January, and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help. I've read through a number of postings on here, and I'm getting the idea that I should try and book through a safari company that is based within East Africa? Is that the best way to go? I mostly want to be in the wilderness, taking photographs, etc. I think I would like to visit Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, which should be do-able in 6 weeks (I imagine). I don't want to be with a large group of people, and would be happy to pay extra for a dedicated guide at certain times for photography.
I'm also curious about the best places to see birds in these countries. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. What is "not to be missed"? Is it worth spending some time on the coast?
If anyone out there can recommend someone that can help me plan an itinerary, I would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 2 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 6 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 8 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 9 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?
East Africa for 6 weeks next December/January...looking for help