I'm trying to plan a trip for my husband and I (both Canadian) to East Africa over December and January, and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help. I've read through a number of postings on here, and I'm getting the idea that I should try and book through a safari company that is based within East Africa? Is that the best way to go? I mostly want to be in the wilderness, taking photographs, etc. I think I would like to visit Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, which should be do-able in 6 weeks (I imagine). I don't want to be with a large group of people, and would be happy to pay extra for a dedicated guide at certain times for photography.
I'm also curious about the best places to see birds in these countries. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. What is "not to be missed"? Is it worth spending some time on the coast?
If anyone out there can recommend someone that can help me plan an itinerary, I would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 2 Suggestions Apprciated
- 3 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 4 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 5 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 6 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 7 help with itinerary please
- 8 South African tour operators
- 9 First time safari question
- 10 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 11 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 12 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 13 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 14 Swala Safaris
- 15 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 16 Dubai
- 17 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 18 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 19 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 20 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 21 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 22 Etosha help
- 23 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 24 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 25 private game reserve-kruger
East Africa for 6 weeks next December/January...looking for help