I will be South Africa end of May to mid June. After spending 7 nights in St Lucia and Hluhluwe Umfolozi, we will be driving to Durban on a Sunday (3.5 hours if all goes well) to get a flight to Port Elizabeth to continue our trip along the Garden Route and then on to Cape Town.
We are trying to decide if it would be better to spend the night in Durban or in/around Port Elizabeth. The choice of flights would be leave Durban Sunday at 17:40, getting in to Port Elizabeth at 19:00. or spend the night in Durban and leave Monday morning to Port Elizabeth at 8:00, getting in at 9:20 and heading out (probably to Addo Elephant Park directly.
Leaving Durban on Sunday would still give us a few hours to stop in Durban before going to the airport. I am interested in trying the famous Durban Bunny Chow and seeing a bit of the Indian District, but this would mean parking the car and leaving the luggage in the trunk and carrying around all my expensive camera equipment, not sure either one of those is a very good idea.
Alternatively, we could either just skip Durban all together and maybe stop somewhere along the way to the airport (any ideas where) and sleep in Port Elizabeth (close to the airport maybe as we will drive directly to our next stop, probably Addo) or spend the afternoon and night in Durban and leave for Port Elizabeth in the morning.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Creative@: mcafee Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 mcafee*24*7
- 2 Creative@: mcafee Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 mcafee*24*7
- 3 Creative@: mcafee Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 mcafee*24*7
- 4 YAHOO! YAHOO!YAHOO mail tec*h support CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 mail 24*7
- 5 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Safari suggestions
- 8 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 9 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 10 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 13 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 14 Passport question for International flight
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Tour operator near me
- 17 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 18 Sim card mainly for data
- 19 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 20 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 21 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 22 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 23 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 24 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania