I will be South Africa end of May to mid June. After spending 7 nights in St Lucia and Hluhluwe Umfolozi, we will be driving to Durban on a Sunday (3.5 hours if all goes well) to get a flight to Port Elizabeth to continue our trip along the Garden Route and then on to Cape Town.
We are trying to decide if it would be better to spend the night in Durban or in/around Port Elizabeth. The choice of flights would be leave Durban Sunday at 17:40, getting in to Port Elizabeth at 19:00. or spend the night in Durban and leave Monday morning to Port Elizabeth at 8:00, getting in at 9:20 and heading out (probably to Addo Elephant Park directly.
Leaving Durban on Sunday would still give us a few hours to stop in Durban before going to the airport. I am interested in trying the famous Durban Bunny Chow and seeing a bit of the Indian District, but this would mean parking the car and leaving the luggage in the trunk and carrying around all my expensive camera equipment, not sure either one of those is a very good idea.
Alternatively, we could either just skip Durban all together and maybe stop somewhere along the way to the airport (any ideas where) and sleep in Port Elizabeth (close to the airport maybe as we will drive directly to our next stop, probably Addo) or spend the afternoon and night in Durban and leave for Port Elizabeth in the morning.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 VISA for Mozambique
- 8 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 9 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 10 beach visit after safari
- 11 Petra Wadi Rum
- 12 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 13 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 14 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 15 What is worth seeing in November?
- 16 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 17 Israeli Tour Guides
- 18 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 19 Masai Mara in May
- 20 Western Desert Itinerary
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 23 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 24 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 25 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen