I will be South Africa end of May to mid June. After spending 7 nights in St Lucia and Hluhluwe Umfolozi, we will be driving to Durban on a Sunday (3.5 hours if all goes well) to get a flight to Port Elizabeth to continue our trip along the Garden Route and then on to Cape Town.
We are trying to decide if it would be better to spend the night in Durban or in/around Port Elizabeth. The choice of flights would be leave Durban Sunday at 17:40, getting in to Port Elizabeth at 19:00. or spend the night in Durban and leave Monday morning to Port Elizabeth at 8:00, getting in at 9:20 and heading out (probably to Addo Elephant Park directly.
Leaving Durban on Sunday would still give us a few hours to stop in Durban before going to the airport. I am interested in trying the famous Durban Bunny Chow and seeing a bit of the Indian District, but this would mean parking the car and leaving the luggage in the trunk and carrying around all my expensive camera equipment, not sure either one of those is a very good idea.
Alternatively, we could either just skip Durban all together and maybe stop somewhere along the way to the airport (any ideas where) and sleep in Port Elizabeth (close to the airport maybe as we will drive directly to our next stop, probably Addo) or spend the afternoon and night in Durban and leave for Port Elizabeth in the morning.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 5 Itinerary Ideas
- 6 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 7 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 9 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 10 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 11 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 12 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions