I am Pakistani passport holder residing in Italy. I found some really cheap flights from Italy to Pakistan and return from July to September and hence I booked online and saved about 130 euros as compared to the usual fare.I have number of questions but before I ask the questions, please see the details of my journey which will help you understanding the problems.Here is the detail of the journey:
10th July 2014: Pegasus Airline, Milan to Dubai via Istanbul. Dubai arrival early morning 11th July.
about 22 hours stay at Dubai
12th July 2014: Pakistan Intl Airline, Dubai to Karachi.
01st Sep 2014: Pakistan Int'l Airline, Karachi to Dubai. Dubai arrival at 11:10PM on 1st sep.
04 hours stay at Dubai
02nd Sep 2014: Pegasus Airline, Dubai to Milan via Istanbul.
Now, quite recently, as Dubai Airport is going through some repairing of the runways (1st May to 20th July-80 days), all airlines have been asked to change their scheduled flights and hence PIA has changed my outbound flight as follows:
12th July 2014: Pakistan Int'l Airline, Sharjah to Karachi, which makes my stay in Dubai for 23 hours.
Also note that Pegasus and PIA both do not fly code share flights which means at Dubai, I will have to take my luggage from one airline and recheck in to the other airline. I booked both legs separately! Also that both PIA and Pegasus fly to and from Terminal 1 at Dubai.
Now let me ask some questions here:
1. As my outbound flight has been changed, and for 23 hours stay and going from Dubai to Sharjah airport, ofcourse I need a transit visa. Both airlines do not offer transit visa facility and some one told me I should ask the Merhaba Airport services or pre arrange a visa. Can I pre arrange a visa (which i prefer) from the UAE embassy in Italy or is there any other procedure. What procedure would be the cheapest?
2. Is there any problem if I enter from Dubai and leave from Sharjah Airports? Some countries have restrictions of entering and leaving from same ports, is it applicable in the UAE?
3. On my inbound flights, Dubai airport will be operational again, so I land at Terminal 1 and leave from the same terminal but I do not cross the border control which means I cannot get my luggage and recheck in for the other flight. I asked Merhaba services, they can provide me this facility to re tag my baggage for the other flight. I will be paying again :/...Do you guys know another possibility i can get my luggage checked in to 2nd flight?
4. Where do I get the boarding card for Pegasus from Dubai terminal 1 without crossing the border?
5. Approximately how much money I would be spending for the whole procedures? I am student and my savings are ending, I want to save as much as possible.
I am sorry for such a long script, I wanted to make everything clear to you guys.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 2 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 3 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Safari In June
- 8 Business trip to Israel
- 9 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 10 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 11 honeymoon place
- 12 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 13 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 16 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 17 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 18 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 19 Yom Hazikaron
- 20 Yom Haatzmaut
- 21 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 22 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 23 recomendation on African Safari company
- 24 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 25 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016